Questions for a cancun newbie planning a trip

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by thebigdiesel, Jan 12, 2009.

1. thebigdiesel

thebigdiesel Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey guys, awsome site its been a ton of help but i have a couple pretty basic questions....
    First of all a little backround. Ive been to mexico for spring break 2 times allready to Cozumel, went with parents in high school to all inclusive resorts... so it wasn't exactly the biggest party haha.
    This time we are all sophmores in college, around age 20, and planning a spring break trip where we can party our asses off.

Now for the questions:
    1. Place. Is Cancun really the best? If were gonna pay the money we want to go to the best party spot, but on the other hand we dont want to pay more for Cancun, when other places are just as fun and cheaper.

2. Hotel. We are probably not going to go for the all inclusive becasue we are trying to be pretty cheap... But where are the best locations to stay for cheap, but still on the party strip? Will we be allowed to pack more people in rooms to lower the price? This is the biggest question mark so any opinions are great.

3. Booking everything. Where is the best place to get cheap deals? Is it better to book flight and hotel together? We have found Round trip airfare from denver for about 400 total with taxes.

4. Beaches. Are the beaches wide open, or do hotels block off their beach? Is having a beachfront hotel vital?

5. Price. What do you guys usually end up spending on the entire trip?

Any other opinions or advice would be amazing too. Thanks in advance.

Edit: We also dont really care about size, noise level, or cleanliness of the hotel hahah we just want to party. Also theres going to be between 5 and 7 of us going in the group probably

2. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1- CANCUN

2- BEST PARTY, OASIS CANCUN

3. Usually cheaper to book it all in one package...

Several places to book from.. Just keep checking everything you can find for packages, but also check them individually too, cause sometimes they run specials.. At the main CancunCare.Com site, you can find hotel options, etc...

4.Some beaches are wider/bigger than others.. Beaches in Cancun are beautiful.. If I remember correctly, Oasis Cancun has an awesome beach.

5. I try to budget for at least $100 per day.. Clubs can get expensive.

Another thing about hotels. Dos Playas is a much cheaper ALL INCLUSIVE place to stay in Cancun. Lots of CancunCare peeps are staying here, but OASIS CANCUN is party central for Cancun, especially with your age group...

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS, AND ENJOY CANCUN!!!

3. thebigdiesel

thebigdiesel Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the reply!

Oasis Cancun looks awsome, but does anyone have any good advice for any standard, European style rooms (just the room or whatever)?
    My worry about all inclusive is that we wont really eat a ton, and when we do well want to go out. Also, other than drinking at the clubs, well do most of our pregaming from alcohal well buy at liquor stores, for cheaper. Another question is whether we will miss out at a smaller budget hotel, or will it not matter as all the partying is in the clubs at night?

Thanks again

4. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun for sure is the best place to be, went to Acapulco last spring break, from what we had read were expecting it to be better but have to say, Cancun deservedly earns the no1 spot.

If you decide to stay at a smaller, cheaper hotel, you can always get day passes for the Oasis so you can still go and party there during the day, have never stayed there myself but from what i've read and the photos i've seen, looks like a pretty mental place to be.

As Greta said, probably $100 a day would see you through pretty nicely.

Don't forget there is alot more to do in Cancun than just drink drink drink, quite alot of tours and things to do during the day too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice