Questions Before Booking

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Chris&Ann, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Where is the best place (for an American) to exchange USD for Pesos? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Just wondering, so if your trip is 7 days, and you are not tipping until day 7, how do they know you're not just a jerk who's not tipping at all on days 1-6? Genuine question.

2. JandCfATL

JandCfATL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    As you get to know them just let them know that you will take care of them at the end of your trip. We've never had an issue with this we always find out what days they are working and we adjust our tip day with their work day. This just prevents having to have cash at the pool every day unless you just want to tip once a day at the beginning or end of their shift; no chance of wet money this way.

3. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,132 / 1
    We leave 5$ Every morning for house keeper. Definitely see better results! And tip large early for pool servers n bartenders then again later. Makes a big difference in their response!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. blevs

blevs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Great posts for us first timers. We booked in late May with the tower ocean view mostly because it looked like a big discount and there was limited availability. Didn't look into the perks and think I screwed up on the airport transfer discount. Like "mexico 24" we aren't likely to be up for breakfast very often. Feel much better about dealing with the whole timeshare thing. Been to Hedo several times, but have never been to Mexico.

5. Wolfpack Couple

Wolfpack Couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    My wife and I just got back from our 4th trip to TTR and like the other times had a blast.We have booked tower rooms the first three times and decided to save a little money and book a Trendy Garden room. The room was great I just didn't realize that the Trendy Garden rooms don't have access to an elevator. I just got a total knee replacement 6 weeks ago and had some fun going up and down the stairs. Just wanted to let others know if an elevator is needed you may want to book a ground floor or a tower room.

6. Midwest Temptationers

Midwest Temptationers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0
    Good to know, Steve! We always thought they preferred US dollars so usually tipped with that. We will consider changing that up this year!

7. L&E

L&E Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 1
    Oh cool, a recent visitor! Tell us -- how are things there now with the covid situation and all? Notice any differences in the party?

8. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    we always stay in the garden rooms .. and we are members :) just don't care about the room at all we go to sleep , shower , sex , pass out lol
    if you are garden and have knee issues we always say when we reserve we want a downstairs .. then a few days before we go we call to check and remind them again .. and when we check in they are like ok we have this on the ground floor ..they are really great about working with you .
    we always get pesos from our bank before we go ..better exchange rate that way

9. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    To answer the specific question about tower vs garden, I’d don’t think it’s worth the price difference. This is coming from someone who has always stayed in the tower. We’ve been I think 5 times now, and always stayed in the tower. We felt the amenities were worth it at $30 extra a night. But now what I have seen is a difference of about $60-$80 dollars a night. Totally not worth it, so we booked garden view this time.

10. Wolfpack Couple

Wolfpack Couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    Covid has not changed the party much at Temptation. If you are looking for a place to get away from normal covid worries go to TTR. There are only a couple of things that will remind you that covid is still around. The staff will place your food on your plate at the buffet. You will need to take a covid test before you leave. We went in July 2020 and during the week there was probably 30% occupancy and 90% during the weekend. In April 2021 they appeared to be sold out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice