Questions Before Booking

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Chris&Ann, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Chris&Ann

Chris&Ann Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Thanks a lot, Restling!

2. SandDcouple

SandDcouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 0
    We are certainly no veterans but going for our 3rd trip in April. We’ve always stayed in the tower, not sure why, just me liking to spend money for the wife. What I have noticed thru the years staying at other resorts, if you start on the super nice places like we did on our 20th, the next 9 years staying at a cheaper resorts is harder to swallow. My opinion, start toward the cheaper rooms and work your way up. You may find yourself wanting to come 3 times a year and the tower gets expensive. Like another member said, if you can’t have fun at temps in any room your staying in, something is wrong. I think I could sleep on the concrete all night and still have a great time! Just my 2 cents.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. D&T

D&T Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +495 / 0
    A little more info...the upgraded liquor and food is really not that big of a deal compared to what you actually get. Tower is the way to go. However, we suggest that if you must have some top shelf, pick it up at the duty free in the airport. We always keep some good stuff in the room for a little pre game and just in case.

Most importantly though, and you need no membership for this, book the Boob Cruise for early in your trip. Not only will y’all have a blast, but you’ll probably meet some Premier members who can actually discuss with you one on one so you can make up you own mind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Chris&Ann

Chris&Ann Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Awesome! Thanks a lot guys! The dates we're looking at (April 4-9) actually have my birthday in there so wish me luck! haha

5. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    There are a few selections on the menu for premiere members. For us, the non-member choices have always been plenty.

Drinks... ya, members do get better liquor. we're not big drinkers, unless we are in Mexico, so the non member liquors work just fine. We do pick up a few bottles of our favs to keep in the room to start our insulated mugs with at the beginning of the day. After that the house drinks keep us going. We have brought bottles with on the plane and picked it up in Duty Free other times. This is pretty common for even members so they can have some preferred drink.

Prob the worst non-member drink is the house tequila. Tastes like crap and it takes several shots to get a buzz. By 2 am I dont care though

6. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,850 / 5
    Pink Bracelets (Master or Penthouse) get top shelf as well, sometimes (....most times) decent tips will get top shelf (especially at Sports bar or Quiet bar) and there is always the Oxxo across the street with a good selection or Duty Free at airport (as mentioned) for pre gaming and stocking your room!

7. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    My husband and I have been to Temptation maybe 8 times now, 2 since the renovations, but we haven't been there in over a year *sad face*
    I am a very budget-minded person and I usually look for the cheapest rooms, which are typically the "Trendy Garden View" ones... We have always had a wonderful time. We are not big drinkers, so we don't care about "top shelf" anything and whatever is on the regular dining menus has been fine with us. There are better pool chairs for Premier members, but I'm thinking that might not be a big concern with reduced capacity.

We do find the timeshare people pushy. We have had to say no several times and often just avoid eye contact in the lobby.

No matter where you stay, you should have an excellent experience.

8. JandCfATL

JandCfATL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    We have been 3 time before and always stayed in a Garden View room (This next trip in May we will try an Ocean Front) because the upgrade cost just wasn't worth the extra money to us. We stay in the sexy pool all day, we only get out to eat lunch or you know get rid of the alcohol that we drink. The Garden View rooms are just fine for those who do not want or plan on spending much time in the room. We are not fussy travelers as long as the accommodations are clean and usable. We would sleep at the Sexy pool if they would let us!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    On each of our trips we've stayed in the "Garden View" rooms, sometimes these have looked onto the quiet pool, others down the end where the marina & volley ball court are but still nice rooms and generally quiet (quick access to beach and Sexy pool too) . We've been on room crawls around the tower and can honestly say that apart from the sea view, we'd pick the garden rooms for us. Just a tip, when reception give you an initial room, leave your luggage with the concierge and go and check it first. We regularly see about 3 rooms before we get the one that suits us best. Regardless , we're sure you'll have a blast and do book a Boobs Cruise for a very "naughty" day out !!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Been 7 times and stayed everywhere from the tower to the Garden... Vacation is always what you make of it and some people cannot be pleased we read the negative reviews and half the time the complaints are just silly. Now for us my wife likes the Tower rooms and views I personally like the beach front rooms. They will pitch you the timeshare stuff but if you decline they will not push any further. As far as the perks of being a member yes you get stuff on the menus that are upgrades and some seating thats already reserved. All this being said TTR is a great resort and one of a kind the party is hot and thats why people come back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice