Questions about living in Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by kgunn, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Steve, what was you KW usage this cycle compared to a year ago? (assuming you are in the same place) That should give you a better idea of where you are....

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Relying on the amount of the bill, your consumption was running just about 150 KWH/month more than mine, which is right in line with what I'd expect. Lots of people would find that a reasonable bill to pay during the summer months, for two months of service, with a big, two storied house.

I know you "swapped" that aged central air system for miniplits, but did you also do something about that refrigerator door?

It's a shame the person who started this thread heard only alarming stories about how big electric bills can be, instead of "success" stories, like this one, which demonstrates that electric costs can be manageable here, within reason, without a sacrifice of comfort.

I'm afraid her real estate agent "unsold" her husband on living in Cancun with tales of $500 USD/month electric bills....

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    All our bills from last year are still with our accountant so I cant check. That reminds me we ought to get them back at some point.

Not fixed properly, but bodged to be better than it was.

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Not the Queen's English

"Bodged"?

You guys have sure got a funny way of speaking English! I'd hate to see what happens when you, Matt, and Sam get together in one place! I'd have to bring a dictionary (but I have no idea where I'd find the right one!).

That aside, cheers, for getting that electric bill squared away! More to spend on the things that matter, eh?

5. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V: Mat tells me "bodged" means "botched".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice