Question on Beaches and Wristbands

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Kate, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Kate

Kate Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone

I just wanted to ask a question about the beach along the hotel zone strip.
    The last 3 times we have stayed at the hotel we have never left the pool area far too much exciting things going on. :lol: But this trip I am hoping to force us away and see what the rest of Cancun has to offer if only for a little while!

So I was just wondering the long golden sandy beach is that all public or do they have private areas for those hotels only? If so how do you get to the public areas? Are you not even aloud to walk all along it? and where do you ask the cab/bus to drop you off?

Also wristbands if you have been before do you still get a different colour band to people that haven't?

Thanks for your help guys, looking forward to being back in June.
    Kate :daisy:

2. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    questions

Hi
    I believe the public beach is right in the center of town, I have walked past it a few times, "if i have read the sign right" not always sober when walking lol.... but if im not mistaken, its right in walking distance from the clubs coco bongo and all that stuff, as far as the wrist bands, I also believe it is just a few colors now, Premier, RCI and Regular.... Not positive on that one...I dont know if they have the repeaters band anymore or not...im sure some of the others from the board will know these questions a bit better then me....

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    None of the beaches "belong" to the hotels they are federal property and the public should be able to walk them unhindered. The problem is there are not that many access points, other than cutting through hotel premises and the security wont let you through without a wristband in many cases.

From TTR you can walk a few miles towards downtown or about a mile in the other direction. Other access points are Playa Tortugas, Playa Delfines, Playa Marlin and others by the side of Coco Bongo and the Riu Cancun hotel. The beaches on the ocean side (as opposed to the bay side) are not what they were and have been washed away in places so may be difficult to traverse in places.

I'm pretty sure that everyone gets the same bracelet at TTR regardless of wheteher you're a repeater or not these days.

4. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Playa Marlin, behind the Kuklacan Plaza is really beautiful. I have pics from July of 2007, but I don't know how to post them in this reply.

5. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The last time we where there, last Aug there where only 3 braclets, ugly gold for members, blue for most others, and red for Mexician nationals that had some kind of some special something. Terry

6. candigirlfreak

candigirlfreak Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    playa delfines is beautiful i went there last year becareful tho my sister-in-law baught a bottled water from a guy on the beach and she couldnt stay out of the restroom after that

7. Kate

Kate Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks everyone getting back to me.

If we manage to leave the hotel during the day this trip we will be sure to try out your suggestions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice