question ~ guidance needed for trip

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by apple, May 26, 2008.

1. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The IMAX movie "Fighter Pilot" was EXCELLENT if it's still playing, go see it!

Michelle

2. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    tickets sell out 8 days in advance to see alcatraz? f me i didnt know that..

crime and punishment museum sounds good too...my short list is getting longer!

i always want to go to the mütter museum in philly, but me thinks that that is a hard one to get people to go to..lol

3. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with ya! That would be ALOT of fun to see that one. Unfortunately for me, I had never heard of it until after I graduated and left Baltimore. I think I may go this September when my school has our reunion.

As for Alcatraz, it's a sight to see. I was fortunate to be able to go with someone who actually was imprisoned there years ago. So I got a true 1st hand account of the place! It's a must see when in Frisco tho.....

Michelle

4. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :shock: what?!?!?!

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It didn't close as a Federal Penitentiary until 1963. There are still many, many people alive today who spent time on the Island of the Pelicans. Several of them could be living next door to you now & you would never know it......

Michelle

6. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the american history one (with the TV shows and stuff) is closed right now as they are doing a refurb! I've been wanting to go to this one also! My dad is working in DC for 2 years now so me and my mom have been visiting quite frequently. The zoo was awesome (and free!) and the pandas were so cute (I'll post pics once I upload them). Tip if you take the metro (red line) to Cleveland park when going to the zoo when you get off there are a ton of coffee and bagel places. Then when you are leaving, go to the Woodley Park-Zoo metro stop because from the zoo to there is all down hill! The zoo is right in between these two metro stops so it is very useful to get coffee in the morning and then walk downhill when you are leaving! Everything in is so fun to visit. I've been quite a few times and I am no where close to seeing it all. I want to visit the DAR and Red Cross place on 17th street. 17th street has a lot of interesting little places that I have yet to visit (art galleries, etc.) Hope you have fun :D

7. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you've gotto be freaking kidding me.when does it reopen? ugh that makes me mad. so disapointed. :cry:

thanks for the info kait!

i will take all into consideration :)

8. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    D.C. is such a great trip! The white house, arlington cemetary, capital building, lincoln memorial were among my favorites!! Also being able to see the Constituation of the United States up close was amazing!!

9. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ya know....now that I think about it....when I went to DC with my Jr. High class many, many moons ago, I didn't think so much about DC. It was just a trip away from home and the parents.

Now....I am just in awe of the place and all that there really is to do there. I'd give both tits & one leg to go to work for one day with my friend who works at the pentagon!

Michelle

10. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    must be quite the place if you'd give both tits :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice