Question for all American/British citizens who lives in Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by peter_avg_joe, Aug 3, 2013.

1. peter_avg_joe

peter_avg_joe Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it true that dental work in Cancun is affordable? I need a root canal (it doesn't hurt) but sooner or later I need to get it done.

Anyways, with US health insurance I will need to pay $500 out of pocket. UGH! With that cash, I can probably live in Cancun for another one week, ha ha.

But if I want to get a root canal done in Cancun without obvious health insurance, what type of price range I'm looking at? Also how are Cancun dentists?

2. tristan1749

tristan1749 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A friend recently had one for about $250 USD. That's really not much savings over your deductible. Also, nitrous oxide is illegal in Mexico. The $250 did not include capping. He did say it was relatively painless.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a cap pop off and there was a cavity under it. New cap, no more cavity. $4,000 pesos. $12.50 exchange rate. $325 or so USD (in my head) Great work. Dr Mauricio Grassi speaks Italian, Spanish, English. I winced a couple of times but without any shot or gas.

4. valgunn

valgunn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have a great dentist, not sure the cost--but will ask her and see.

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    My Cancun dentist, who I consider skilled but not very cheap, has charged me 1,000 pesos for a filling with two surfaces, and 1,500 for one with three surfaces.

For a single surface I think she would charge 700 pesos.

Another dentist I've used, who I consider less skilled but cheap, has charged me 3,000 pesos for a crown, and 500 for a filling.

[I don't know if any of this is helpful, as the question is about a root canal....]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice