Question about Mauricio's services

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Apr 14, 2008.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So everyone has been recommending Mauricio Mendoza for FM3 renewals. I am curious exactly what he does. We just spoke to him and he said he prepares the papers and I still have to hoof it to immigration. Well, this is my fourth renewal, I know the papers inside and out and have all my copies put together already. Why will I pay him 3000 pesos if I still have to do all the work? What exactly does he do for 3000 pesos? I thought for that much money I wouldn't have to set foot in the office til I needed to pick up the completed visa and sign for it. What can he do for my papers that I haven't already done?

Just curious, don't want to waste 3000 pesos for something I could do myself. Sounds like it is still going to be a pain in the BEEP.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know lots of Mauricio's clients (since I recommend him right and left) and most of them do not set foot in INM, he does that part for them. Maybe he charges more for the legwork?

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's what I figured. Jorge spoke to him so maybe it's just a communication problem on our end. I asked him again what he said and Jorge said he made assumptions. Well, you know what happens when you "assume".....

Thanks Rivergirl. We're meeting with him tomorrow afternoon, will let you know what happens.

4. 4NSPY

4NSPY Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He did my last FM2, to be honest he was very good. He did all the paper and leg work. It took a while due to the constant changing of staff - but on my end it was stress free. Just has to go in and sign.

5. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe there was some kind of miscommunication , it is better if you meet him in person , he is handling my docs right now , so we will see

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, miscommunication on Jorge's part. We met with Mauricio last night and he is going to take care of everything, yahoo!

It's much nicer to go see him to sign everything than to the stinky immigration office, blech. Easy peasy. I'll let everyone know how it goes, but so far, so good with Licenciado Mendoza.

7. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can tell you this , he shows up on time , he speaks english , he answers his phone , he tells you straight up the law / its up to you what you do with the info

I have seen people pay for FM3 s and never hear from the atty again .

I researched Mauricio at least 3 months before I arrived , with others on the board and he also answered all my emails

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice