Question about checking in issues

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Liquid Slap, Mar 4, 2014.

1. happytravels77

happytravels77 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    How do we get Valentina's contact info? I don't want to get bumped either! Been looking forward to this for too long!!!!

2. happytravels77

happytravels77 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Oh I'm sorry, just reAlized this was for GOV, but should I still get in contact with her to make sure our room is locked in for TTR?

3. Liquid Slap

Liquid Slap Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My point is, why were people denied rooms that were actually available? Not everyone knows Valentina.

Count down to May 22nd!!!

4. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Here's why I'm nervous. I know lots of you don't give a lot of weight to TripAdvisor reviews, but I think when a clear pattern emerges, it bears some consideration. I went back three weeks, and roughly 10 percent of the reviews start with the reviewer having been sent to a different Oasis resort than s/he booked. There were too many to count complaining about other check in problems or getting the "old" rooms. Here's what I found in 10 minutes of skimming:

2 days ago: We were supposed to stay in Oasis Tulum for our honeymoon, but were told they overbooked the hotel and turned us back to Cancun to stay at Viva.

5 days ago: I didnt book here but we were sent here from dec 1, 2013 to dec 2, 2013 from the sister property which was horrible.

1 week ago: Poor first impression-,we showed up for our reservation and the guy at the front desk told us "they had a water issue" and needed to send us to another "unnamed" hotel that was not on the beach.

2 weeks ago: *Check In: This was just awful. They overbooked the hotel. Not by a few reservations, but by a BUNCH. Once we arrived to the hotel, tired and starving, we expected to get a room and get the vacation started right away. Nope. We were told (along with the people in front of us and the huge line behind us) that they were so sorry but there were no rooms available and that they were going to send us to a different hotel.

2 weeks ago: Upon arrival we were told that we did not have a room and were going to be transferred to a sister resort downtown Cancun

2 weeks ago: Although they had our reservation we were one of several groups that didn't have a room because of cancelled flights and rooms with broken air condition. Because of this we were sent to one of their other hotels within Cancun

3 weeks ago: First, it was not the hotel we had booked for at the travel agency. When we got to Cancun, they told us that hotels were full, and that they had done us a "great favor" receiving us at this hotel (we had booked Grand Oasis Palm, supposedly a 4-5 star hotel), and instead we were located at a 2-3 star hotel.

5. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    Just got back last night........will do a TR soon. We had a great time. As for check-in..........we were in and done within 10-15min. We arrived early (about 11am) so we checked-in with the front desk and then came back at 3pm to get into our room. The front desk person spoke good english and we got the room we asked for. We did email Valentina a week prior and we did mention her name when checking in. Not sure if we would've been treated any differently if we hadn't mentioned her but we were very very glad we did as she is simply a very wonderful person and everyone should meet her even if just to say hi. She is a definite asset to GOV and she is doing an amazing job. She would often stop by and say hi to us by the pool and ask if we were enjoying our stay and if we had any concerns/issues. We saw her speaking to many others as well. Anyway, if you are going to GOV........send her an email a week or so prior and she will absolutely do what she can to help avoid and issues.
    *Also, we try to avoid busy times like arriving on a charter bus with several others checking-in at the same time........we pre-booked a taxi to the resort so we hopefully beat any large buses. Not sure that works every time but it did this time.......there was no wait at the check-in desk.

6. Nalisa

Nalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    We use USA Transfers to avoid the big buses,etc with good results.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice