queen lagoon cruise

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by west bender, Nov 8, 2011.

1. west bender

west bender Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Was wondering if anybody knows what day the free lagoon cruise is?? I believe its a Monday just not sure trying to plan some excursions

2. ginag

ginag Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we went...I do not remember the day but the front desk can help with that. To me, it was a nice little well kept secret. Guest are shuttled to the lagoon Aqua World across the street. Once there, you board an open ferry type boat. Of course, there is an open bar and the entertainment crew is aboard for games and music. About half way thru the cruise, the guests are shuffled downstairs for a very nice sit down meal. Soft music and very pleasant. Once the meal is over the passengers began venturing back to the top deck for more music, games and sight seeing of the passing landscape. It is a nice, fun and FREE half day activity.. do it!

3. funlovincpl

funlovincpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We had not heard of this before. Is it a timeshare trap? What time does it leave the resort and come back (approximately)?
    Any information is appreciated.
    Thank you

4. west bender

west bender Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this cruise is for people that have club rooms and it is included in their room package as well as an in room dinner as well. i think is just and afternoon cruise with food and drinks

5. funlovincpl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you Westbender. We did not get a Club Room so we won't qualify - oh well, if all the Club Room guests are gone on a cruise....more room by the pool for us....or.....we could always crash it!!!! lol

6. ginag

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we did NOT have a club room...we had an oceanfront room...but no hot tub and no mini frig. So, I am not sure the club room part is true. It is kinda weird, bc as I said, not many know about it. Actually, the day we went, the little cruise ferry was full but it only holds about 20-30 folks. I had read about it on various forums and actually tried to find out info prior to our trip and did not find much. When we arrived, I asked at check in about it, was told the details and how to sign up..It was fun! It has nothing to do with a timeshare!! It is offered by the GP! We are going again in March, we will definitely do the little mini cruise again. BTW, the food was very good, almost fancy-ish. I think we had a salad, a chicken breast, rice and steamed veggies and maybe cheesecake as dessert. It is a sit down meal and you are actually served..not buffet. Ask at check in and do it! you will enjoy!

7. ginag

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ps...the cruise is half day..the shuttle to Aqua World leaves at maybe 11:00ish..and we ate maybe around 1...I think we were back at the GP by 4ish. It is FREE, you just put your name on the list at the front desk and show up in the lobby!

8. funlovincpl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the information ginag - maybe we will be 'crashing' the cruise after all! lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice