Quality of Life, Running/Swimming Venues

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Sep 22, 2009.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Generally "alarmed"

Thanks for an update. Doesn't sound like it's working out too well, as far as you're concerned.
    So, the pool guards blowing their whistles made you think the neighbors might be signaling something amiss in the neighborhood?

Just like car alarms: didn't take took long for people to start totally ignoring those things, either. Makes you wonder if it's worth the bother.... Bars on the windows seem to work, though!
    Doesn't it require a membership that costs 400 pesos a month, plus another 200, annually?

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If I were single, I would take advantage and get the membership, but for three of us it's a good chunk of change for a month. :S

3. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Ouch!

I agree, I'd consider 400 pesos a month to be too much for me, if I didn't get over there pretty darn often.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Get together with your neighbors and come up with a specific whistle pattern that signals trouble. Like an SOS pattern or something like that. It won't be hard to solve this problem, just make sure your pattern is distinctly different from whatever the coaches at the pool are doing.

Our night guard has a whistle pattern that he does a few times a night which is supposed to mean "everything is fine," but which we secretly believe means "I'm here, just wanted you to know that, and now I'm going to take a nap in the shack." Haha. He has another whistle pattern that means "something is wrong, come outside and help me."

5. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Moon Rise

Recently, we had a full moon rising at a perfect hour for watching the moon rise over the Caribbean.

My wife and I went to Playa Chac Maal with a bottle of wine to observe this great event. (See pictures of Chac Maal beach on p.1 of this thread)

Did anyone else get out to see it?

A friend of ours went beach walking to see this sight, and got the bonus of seeing several sea turtles come out of the sea to lay their eggs in the sand.

The beach renovation, and the wall of sand it's created in places, seems to have made their journey just a little harder, but they made it, anyway, after a struggle.

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Surf's up!

The large area storm that is affecting all of southern Mexico has, in addition to bringing us a lot of rain over the last three days meant the surf was running high!

I was at Playa Chac Mool today and there were long breakers starting about 200 meters from shore, just enough for a skilled surfer to have a decent ride.

Lots has been done in recent years to improve the areas in which public access is available- toilets and showers, for example- including the beach at Playa Chac Maal. Good for the locals, like me, who don't have ready access to the beaches except at certain designated points.

[For images of Playa Chac Maal, go back to my post of 11-5-2009, this thread]

I wonder if anyone would like to comment on what may be their favorite beach in the HZ these days?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice