Q about renting a car?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by hayes, Aug 26, 2007.

1. hayes

hayes Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you were staying in Playa del Carmen (knowing the airport transportation costs) would you rent a car if it could be purchased for under 150.00 for the week? We have driven in Mexico before over in Cabo San Lucas and it scared the crap outta me..lol I just though that maybe if we mainly just used it back and forth to the airport and maybe a day to shop it would be worth it?

2. Duece

Duece Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stayed in Playa last year at XCaret.

Nothing was close by at all, however, we relied on taxis to get around to the few places we went.

It's easy enough to get around and not all that costly, I'd rather not have to worry about a vehicle as well.

JM2C

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I suggest and recommend Executive. They are in front of Terminal 2 in an easy to find blue building. You can get a car for as low as $10-$13 per day, plus taxes and insurance. That would be an Atos.

You could also take public transportation TO Playa and return the car at the airport. There is an extra 10% tax if you rent at the airport, in addition to the normal 10% tax and a 2% franchise tax.

Insurance is $11 mandatory but I choose the $18 option usually for slightly better coverage. All this is explained on their website. Your US policy is not applicable in Mexico, no matter what your insurance company tells you.

https://www.executive.com.mx/

I hope this is some help.

4. hayes

hayes Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you so much T.J. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice