Q about 6 hour tour Fishing trips

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Andrew1976, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Andrew1976

Andrew1976 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wife and I are going down to Cancun for our first time this coming week(april 4th-april 11th) for our 10th anniversary, we are staying at the Dreams Cancun & Spa. We were considering the bullfight on Wed, until I did some research and found out that she wouldnt like the "Spearing/Killing" of the bull, so onto my Question... now that our Wednesday is free, I would like to go out fishing for the day and bring my wife who says " I dont want to get seasick " I'm curious if anyone recommends a particular charter of a good crew (shared charter not private) I'm also guessing that one that docks on the ocean side, not lagoon side would be better(more time?) and the final part of the question, if my wife took some dramamine before we left, would it still be too rough for her? I would rather experience this with her than without.

Also, I have some of MapChick's maps, the Cancun one and the Mayan Adventure, I have spent a good amount of time familiarizing myself with the Cancun one, spent a good deal of time reading this forum (all the way back to 2004) Is there anything else I might be missing, I like to come prepared :D

Andrew

2. markgrecs

markgrecs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    fishing

I have been fishing many times in Cancun and I have always left from the Lagoon side it doesn't take that long to get out into the open waters at all. As far as what charter company that would be up to you depending on what you are looking for, the type of fishing you intend to do, how nice of a boat you want and so on. Many of them have websites and the great thing about it is you can book most of them with no money down and you have 24 hours before departure to cancel with no penalty.

Even a 4 hour trip in Cancun is good because like I said it takes no time to get out into the open waters.

Have you ever been Barracuda fishing? Goodtime and very fast pace as far as on the line then on another line....non stop fighting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice