pvc windows or aluminum

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by johndish, Mar 11, 2007.

1. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I need some windows... There was a pvc window place under my old office at Nader but, i understand they have closed does anyone know where they have relocated?

2. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yesterday, I walked past the one that sells German PVC windows, just along from where you used to be, on the corner of Uxmal and Nader, and they're still running. Chat to Jason - he bought PVC windows a while back.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John - I parked my car right on that corner of Uxmal and Nader yesterday and the place still looks open. The quote we got from those people was 1/3 of what we paid for our house, and so we didn't go with PVC windows. We bought aluminum ones with thick single panes of glass. I like our windows but they don't block sound as well as the double pane glass we had in Colorado.

4. johndish

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    there were two there there was one that was in my old office plaza del conde 42 nader and one a couple buildings down.. any idea which one was still open?

5. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The ne a couple of buildings down is still there.

Your one, it looked like they were remodelling rather than moving, but don't quote me on that.

If I get out of the house on foot tomorrow, I'l try to remember to walk past and see what's going on.

6. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Walked past. The place you talk of has definitely gone. Empty shop and no notices regarding where they are now.

7. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes this german guy still there and after surviving Wilma with his pvc and glass I have nothing more to recomend him, nothing fall at our home, in front of the ocean and we neither hear anything. I know they are expensive but if you live ocean front they are a must.

8. johndish

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. lilnottsman

lilnottsman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Windows

We installed PVC windows at our house but used a company from Merida who were half the price of the one on Nader. The quality of the product was very high (imported from Germany) but as usual here in Q.Roo, the quality of the installation was abysmal. We had them coming back for well over 6 months and they never fixed all the problems.

We had a quote from the company on Nader (run by a German guy) and th owner seems very knowledgeable. However, the prices were exaggerated for the quality of the product.

10. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi-Tec Cancun. Does that company also specialize in home computers?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice