Public tennis or racquetball courts?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Dan-0, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Dan-0

Dan-0 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going to be staying in downtown Cancun for part of June. I would love to hit some tennis balls and maybe even play some racquetball. Anybody know of any public courts? Anybody interested in hitting some balls? I'm out of practice and out of shape, just wanting to get some exercise and have some good, clean fun. :D

EDIT: I believe I'll be staying in the southwest part of town, off Calle Kabah, if that helps.

2. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Hi
    There are public tennis courts opposite the Casa Cultura down town - half way between Costco and Walmart.
    You cannot book a court so just pitch up but they get very busy in the early morning before people go off to work.
    Have fun and if you get stuck for someone to play with and don't mind playing a girl I can play.
    Tracey

3. Dan-0

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Tracey, thanks for the reply. That sounds like a good place to play, I may be hitting you up to hit some in early June; I don't mind playing a girl at all, if you don't mind playing with someone who's out of practice and out of shape. :wink:

4. aaamigo2203

aaamigo2203 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dan-O,

Let me know if you wouldn't mind playing someone who has never played a tennis match. I took a tennis class at my college, though.

Now, raquetball I can play. It's just a matter a court! I haven't seen one here yet.

5. aaamigo2203

aaamigo2203 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oops...

It's just a matter of finding a court.

6. Dan-0

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! Don't worry, I haven't played tennis in so long it's almost like I've never played before. I do know the rules, though. I would love to find a racquetball "frontón". I would be willing to pay to play racquetball. I actually prefer racquetball to tennis, although I like them both a lot. I just want to get some exercise and have some fun. When I get down there I will send both of you a message and see when you're available to play. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice