"Protection of Life Law"

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Jim in Cancun, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This week, Quintana Roo became the ninth state in Mexico to pass the following or a similar law:

"Article 13
    The state of Quintana Roo recognizes, protects and guarantees the right to life of every human being, expressly sustaining that from the moment of conception (every human being) enters under the protection of the law and is considered to have all of the corresponding rights for legal effect until death. With the exceptions that the law establishes."

(My translation--reported without comment)
    Original:
    ARTÍCULO 13
    El Estado de Quintana Roo reconoce, protege y garantiza el derecho a la vida de todo ser humano, al sustentar expressamente que desde el momento de la concepción entra bajo la protección de la ley, y se le reputa como sujeto de derechos para todos los efectos legales correspondientes, hasta su muerte. Salvo las excepciones que establezca la ley". Congreso de Q.Roo

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I understand that the new law makes is possible to punish women who've had abortions with prison time. Is that correct?

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, I believe that is correct.

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Leaving any opinions out of it.. wasn't this already the law?

I seem to recall seeing something in the local papers last year about a woman arrested for having an abortion... and I have heard before that you had to go the Mexico City if you wanted said procedure done..... so whats new about this if anything?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice