Property taxes (predial) 2014

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Dec 12, 2013.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    It's that time of year again, and there is just today and Friday to take advantage of the automatic 20% discount available to those who pay between Dec 1 and 15. Look at your tax bill (not your paid receipt) for the "clave catastral" and you can use it to pay the bill online. Ayuntamiento Benito Juárez

If you can't seem to lay your hands on last year's tax bill, take your paid receipt to either city hall (centro, Av Tulum) or the police station (a block from the intersection of Av Quintana Roo and Av Kabah) and you can get a tax bill and pay in person.

At the city hall the hours are 8 AM to 6 PM. I tried two different times and 8 AM works best: the lines are not long at that time and move quickly (workers are fresh then, I guess).

If you have a fideicomiso, and your tax receipt is in the name of your bank, take a copy of a page from your fideicomiso where it shows both your name and the bank's name, just in case the question of ownership comes up.

Holders of an INAPAM card cannot pay online and get the discount, but after getting over that, the process is only slightly different: get in the line, inside the building, for "jubilados". Present the original and a copy of your INAPAM card, and your fideicomiso (if the tax billing is not to you, in your name). The 50% discount does not apply to the tax on valuation in excess of 1.2 million, but they will discount that part of the tax and you pay the tax only on the excess. Owing to the special calculations involved for those with INAPAM cards, there is a dedicated payment line which you will be directed to, once you've got your tax bill in hand.

From the 16th to the end of Dec a 15% discount will still be available, for those who can't get it done, one way or the other, this week.

2. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, V. I will do it online today, and hopefully get the 20% discount.

3. JeffandShannan

JeffandShannan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the great link V! Worked perfectly last night and still received the 20%. Hard to believe how far Cancun has come over the past few years - five years of standing in the line at INM in June and then City Hall in December seems to have come to an end!

BTW, do you know the process to get the tax notice changed over into ones name? (Probably a line, but I am 2 less already so still ahead….)

Thanks Again

J&S

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    If it can be done, it can be done at the offices of Catastro, in the city offices located near the intersection of Av Lopez Portillo and Av Kabah.

There they took my information, made copies from my Escritura (Mexican title document), and had me sign a tramite (request for action from a government agency) for the name change. There was no charge for the tramite, nor the copies.

They told me to come back in one week, bringing my copy of the tramite, and they would confirm for me if the change had been made as requested.

At the time I did this, they would only put the name of the bank on the tax bill, as the bank is the record owner, in my case.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice