Propane Cylinder Refill

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Alma Libre, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Alma Libre

Alma Libre Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where can I get a propane cylinder refilled in Cancun? (not swapped, refilled)

Gracias

2. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rob, The gas guys here in PM will refill. They take it one day and return it the next.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like to know the same thing about refilling one in Cancun, as opposed to swapping. My very first tank was swapped and replaced with one that leaked. I thought I would die from an explosion or from the fumes.

It took a lot of aggravation but now I have two new tanks (from Z Gas). I dread the ordeal when I go to fill them. Can I go to the place off Chichen, one street west of Kinik, and get tanks refilled. I see that they have what appear to be filling hoses and a dispenser but I know the hours are weird and the lines are ridiculously long. All I have ever seen there is exchanging empty tanks for full ones.

So where do you guys refill your tanks in Cancun?

Thanks

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have a stationary tank on the roof, only have to refill once every 9 months, it rocks. We use Tomza gas and they always come to refill the same day we call and they always show up when they say they will. We used Zeta gas when we first moved here and they screwed up over and over, so we switched to Tomza.

5. Alma Libre

Alma Libre Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    These are small propane tanks for our trailer. They are double-lined so I don't want to let them go with the gas guys. There must be a place in Cancun to get them filled.

There was one in Playa, but they only switch tanks now.

6. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Zeta Gas place will go out of their way to make you give up your shiny new tanks for some crappy old rusty ones.

The best place I have found for service is the DELTA Gas plant way out on Lopez Portillo heading out toward Merida.

It's a new installation, and they are Soooooo much nicer to deal with than Zeta's in-town plant.

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Z gas gave me some special VIP phone number to call and said the driver would be there within the hour. I will give them one shot and if I don't get an equivalent tank, I am heading toward Delta's place, like Drewbert.

Thanks dude.

8. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So this issue would seem to explain why its so hard to buy inexpensive Propane BBQ's in Mexico. But it doesn't explain why theres a shortage of refilling stations. Is propane in short supply - or is the problem that the 20 lb. tanks are.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice