Progress on Cancun Palace

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by vickier, Jan 23, 2007.

1. vickier

vickier Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How does the Cancun Palace construction look like it is coming? Is much progress being made.

Do you locals think it will make the February 10th scheduled opening?

2. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can't say that it will be opened that early. My husband just had a co-worker come back and I am awaiting to see photos.
    We are suppose to arrive March 31, and this person said MAYBE we might be in luck. Apparently they have quite a ways to go. I will post later when I get the pictures and give more information.

3. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun palace

We would love to see any updated info/ pics. Not getting much from the palace, hopefully it will be ready for our 3 days in May!

4. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too have heard that they are way behind and that there is no way in hell that it will be ready by Feb. 10th. A Palace employee told one of my family members that the grand opening will take place in May. Don't know if it's true or not, but that is what he told her. I'm upset because we're supposed to be staying there Feb. 10-18. I just hope that Sun Palace is ready to go.

DaveT

5. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cancun palace

I guess timing is everything. We were there before, during and after the storm and we may actually be there during the grand openeing.

If the CP is closed see if they will send you to the Playacar Palace vs. Moon Palace. Much smaller - great staff - laid back! We love Cancun, but love the PDC area also.

We cannot wait to get back to Cancun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Albert in NM

Albert in NM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No matter what happens it looks like its going to be nice when ever they do finish it . At least thats what like from the other pics posted on one of the other treads. No matter to me I will be at PDC in a few days , but I really wanted to be at the Cancun palace . I Love that beach :D

7. vickier

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was afraid of that (slow progress) we are booked to stay there beginning the 17th of February. Palace Resorts is impossible to get any information out of. All they will say is that they are expected to open on the 10th. When pressed they say if they aren't they will transfer us to another property. I have already told them in writing (for all the good that will do) that the Moon Palace is not accepatable to me. I realize that the resort at MP is awesome and the food is great but I go very much for the beautiful beach, and unfortunately MP just doesn't have it. I read on some other posts about Sun Palace closing unexpectedly and that they were transferred to LeBlanc, which would be awesome. I am just very worried that we are spending all this money and will end up dissappointed. Then I am also concerned that they are open and not complete with the renovation and not 100% ammenities and staying among all the construction mess! I just wish we could get the transfer resolved prior to coming...this last minute not knowing is messing up my normal excited anticipation of the trip! Anticipation is almost as much fun as the actual trip....Na! But you know what I mean.

Any pictures or information or personal experience with this would be appreciated!! We are members a Palace resorts but that doesn't seem to help in trying to communicate with them.

Thanks for the posts! Keep em coming!

8. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Vickier,
    I too feel exactly the same way you do. Our trip is three weeks away and we don't know if Sun Palace will be ready to go by then. I do not want to stay at Moon Palace either. I can't find any info. relative to what is going on at Sun Palace.

DaveT

9. vickier

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Palace

DAveT.

You all go down on the 10th? And you are booked at Sun Palace?

Please let me know by post what happens...I want to know how they are ahndling this before I get there. We leave on the 17th. Can you get on line while you are there and make a post so I can know first hand?

Thanks for all your help. I will update the board as I learn anything.

10. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It will not be ready February 10th...no way. Probalby not even March 31.
    I would demand a refund.
    You will end up at the Moon Palace.
    If you do not mind a slight step down...try the Tucancun.
    It ranges around 1400.00 2 adults all inclusive. ( a couple hundred less than the Cancun Palace.)
    The way that the Palace Resorts is handling this is unexcusable.
    [/list]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice