Prodigy painfully slow?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Sep 14, 2007.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll answer for luisdeita (he's my hubby, the results were on our computer). I think that was a flukey result, we're on prodigy and I don't think those numbers are even possible. I wish!

The upload thing is KILLING ME. I often upload lots of pics and videos and it can take forever to get them up, they often time out. Grrrrrrr.

2. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Another satisfied customer (NOT)! That clears up some confusion. Would you mind running the test and reposting again?

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Weird! I'm really chugging it slow right now, but here's what speedtest had to say about my speed..... :D

[​IMG]

Other sites have me at around 293 kbs down, upload 106.

4. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks like a problem with speedtest.net and how it deals with the java implementation on your machine. It's obviously an error, but if everything else is working okay, I wouldn't try to hunt it down, other than maybe visiting www.java.com and using their page to verify your java installation. If it ain't broke...

5. luisdeita

luisdeita Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My java is version 6 update 5 (latest version)
    We have Telmex 1MB since the support area told me that 2MB is not available in our super manzana.

Here's our current speed

[​IMG]

2wire.com

Your current bandwidth reading is
    1.08 Mbps

6. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bravo Luis, you are doing everything right. Telmex-Prodigy-Infinitum is doing everything wrong. In the middle of the day today I was getting 240 kbps download, which is a joke of tragic proportions.

Is there anyone on this board who has an inside contact at Infinitum?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice