Prodigy outgoing email problems

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Dec 29, 2007.

1. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hotmail, like Yahoo work differently. They don't come to your client account (Outlook for example). I am talking about POP3 emails, downloading to OL.

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I send and receive my hotmail mails through Outlook Express. I receive all of my other 20 accounts there but can only send from Outlook Express now using my Hotmail account--using Prodigy that is.

3. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry Jim, I didn't know that. I don't use Hotmail, but I know I can receive emails in my Yahoo account, but not the other way. I mean for what I know, I cannot send my Yahoo emails to Outlook, they remain on the server. That would be GREAT!!!

4. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like to say here how GREAT vfemail is (standing for virus free email, and so far it has been, and spam free too). It is a POP3, as well as an IMAP, you can have several aliases, all the features of others (download your emails to Outlook or Outlook Express to several computers, which is impossible with Gmail and very important to me), and... they have a wonderful support. I already used it several times... and today again. The guy (Rick) answers right away, and he unblocked my Telmex/Prodigy situation now, giving me another port for the outgoing. He just asked me if all Cancun uses it, I said not yet, but it is coming :D , and much more!

Take a look there www.vfemail.net. There is a free email or paying service, depending of your needs. It is one of my 7.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Bumping this one for Chicago Tom.

Tom is having the same problems, I've had a look at his email client and wasnt able to fix it for him.

I resolved this on my own system by using a paid third party email client to send through, rather than prodigy. Did anyone come up with any more solutions?

6. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Avoiding port 25 block

You can send and receive Gmail using Outlook and Outlook Express. Part of the reason is that Gmail uses port 465 outbound and port 995 inbound, therefore avoiding Prodigy's block. You need some other settings modded as well. Google's settings pages carry full instructions. See http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=12103

As I have suggested in other posts, inverstigate port 587 as your outbound port for mail other than Prodigy. Leave the default port 110 for incoming.

Hotmail in Outlook and Outlook Express is a completely different process and does not invoke ports 25, 110, or 587 and therefore doesn't run foul of Prodigy's misguided attempts at spam control.

There are those on the forum who will understand these instructions. If you don't, then try calling the support line for your mail provider and get hand-held guidance before you make any changes.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    M - How do you sleep at night? Your brain is so full of computer mumbo-jumbo...it must be really loud in there. I'm just grateful that I finally met a geek who knows more about computers than my ex, it's not fun to have to go to your ex when the computer breaks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice