Prodigy outgoing email problems

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Dec 29, 2007.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve - I just sent you an invite for a Gmail account, so you can waste some time deciding if you like it.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the gmail invite Kim, I already had an account and was fiddling with it as it came through.

Not convinced I'm going to be comfortable with it, I'm very used to my massive list of folders and rules that direct everything where I want it to go - can't get my head round "labels" at all.

But prodigy outgoing is still not working so it may be the only option I have since unreplied mail is building up now.

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually, the mail goes out but just hangs in the outbox as you mentioned and keeps being resent everytime it is programmed to. What I have done(since it doesn't happen all the time in my case) is that I
    1.- just delete it after I get the error message (knowing that it has been sent)and just in case I save it by moving it to another folder (since for some reason it won't go into the sent box) or
    2.- I use another email address like Hotmail to send it and I never have problems with it going when I use hotmail which is programmable with Outlook Express.

4. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Are you sure your mail is getting out Jim? I've tested it by sending stuff to another of my own accounts and I'm not receiving it myself.

With OE normally it stays in your outbox until sent, then moves automatically to your sentbox.

When it tries to connect to the outgoing server this is the message I get:
    Might be working differently for you but mine is definitely not getting out.

One of my non cancuncare accounts is working, so I'll reply to cancuncare mail from there - although any replies back and it will end up in the wrong folder.

5. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Then, yes, mine is screwing up differently than yours. Mine opens the error message box but does not display an error message and is sent since I have tested it sending to myself.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Labels in Gmail are simply that, labels. You get a list on the lower left of labels, so any emails sharing a particular label will be grouped together there.

Gmail allows you to set rules for incoming mail, just the way Outlook does. So you can write rules like "if an email with a certain subject comes addressed to a certain email address then label it and archive it". A rule like that would result in the unread email getting the proper label and going in the "folder" on the lower left where the labels are, and archiving it would keep it from hitting your inbox, if that's what you want. If you didn't auto-archive it then it would get labeled and would end up in your inbox.

Steve, call me if you get serious about trying out Gmail, I've walked a lot of happy clients through setting Gmail up to manage their multiple accounts.

7. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks again Kim, I might have to take you up on that.

For now I am fixed up, I still cant send anything through my domain servers but I changed the outgoing mail server to my paid email service that I use for all my administration and that works fine.

If anyone else is still having problems then it should work if you can figure out your outgoing server details for your prodigy email address and add that into Outlook for your domains.

8. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got the following information since the new Telmex measures have now hit my office and my 10 people can't work now!! (This is a quote and the translation is mine.)

"1.- As a preventative measure, Telmex blocked the system called ' Port 25 Protection', which stops people connected to Prodigy to send emails using Outlook or Outlook Express.

2.- The master account of my company is with a speeed of 1,000 but residential but because it is a commercial line that is used to connect to Prodigy, it automatically blocked my system.

3.- We are currently making a change in the speed that will take effect between 24 and 48 hours and then things will be unblocked.

4.- We also have a LAN that we can use but not everyone does.

5.- Telmex offers a provisional fix using prodigy.mail.

What a mess. I didn't realize it only blocked outlook express users. I wonder how many thousands if not millions in Mexico are affected. Of course Telmex has the worst record for spam being sent through it but I am not sure why they need to take it out on Bill Gates and I!!!

9. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's a shame! :evil: I am praying every night :D for Telmex to lose this monopole. Someone more powerful with God around?

However there is something I don't understand. I use Outlook, and my emails go well with gmail ( I HATE their interface, sorry Kim), but don't go using 2 other email addresses, they stay forever in the outbox. They should go the same way, no? I receive normally though. Any idea?

I don't and have never used prodigy.net.mx. I guess I have one, but I realized long ago (the first days) it was messy. So I gave up. Since I have 7, it is more than enough. Normally they work

10. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mine also go as long as I use my hotmail account to send them but they don't go if I use other accounts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice