PRODIGY EMAIL QUESTION

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Mar 24, 2008.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have Prodigy hi speed internet service from Telcel, with the billing appearing on the home phone bill.

Can I get a Prodigy email account, as part of the existing service, so that I can use Prodigy service without cost at various airports, such as Cancun??? Without paying any more $$$$$ of course.

There seems to be no other way to access the WIFI, unless you log on with a Prodigy account / user name and password, at the airport.

Gracias

2. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You already have an email account. When you signed up for prodigy/infinitum you received a username and password. The username is your default email address, so your email would be username@prodigy.net.mx and the password would be your account password.

You can set up Outlook, Outlook Express or any other email client to send and receive email using those credentials. When you're at the airport you use those same credentials to log onto prodigy's wifi service.

If you go to www.telmex.com you can request a web password for your account (if you don't have one) and by entering your phone number you can add or change email accounts and even change your domain Prodigy revcently added some new domain names so you could have an address like username@prodigymovil.net. You have at least 3 different email boxes that come with the service and each can have a unique name, domain and password.

See http://www.telmex.com/mx/asistencia/index.html for additional information and configuration intructions. I hope this helps.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mixz1.

Gracias - You da bomb.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice