Prodigy Email Addresses Failing

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Jan 16, 2007.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone here got an email addy on the prodigy.com.mx domain? I've just sent out some emails to people on that domain and ALL of them are bouncing back with permanent failures.

This is a brand new thing, I harassed all those same people with an email yesterday and it went through fine...:)

Could this be related to how frickin' slow my Infinitum connection has been the last couple of days?

2. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check your personal mail (if you can get it). Actually incoming is working. I sent you some details.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks M, got your email. I don't have a prodigy email address, I have a dozen others but not one of those. The problem is mostly with the emails for the ladies on the email list for the International Women's Club. My list has more than 70 people on it, but just today the prodigy domain addresses are bouncing back.

4. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Prodigy e-mail

I have the same problem in the past couple of days. Sending out e-mails to people who have the prodigy address and the mail bounces back on and off. Go figure.

5. pyrorainx

pyrorainx Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Probabl too late

Not sure if its too late but all you have to od is change from .com.x to .net.mx

all those addresess are from TELMEX customers

6. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Probabl too late

Nope. prodigy.net.mx is a redirect alias for http://prodigy.msn.com/ and won't get you any further. Tonight, as of 5:45 PM no Prodigy UTLs, which are themselves re-directs from TelMex.com are working. It appears as though the DNS mailserver problems they were having this week have been repaired, because you can get your POP and SMTP mail with a client like Outlook, but you cannot get to any other Prodigy pages, nor can you get to the parent domain of TelMex. No web mail, no Prodigy, no TelMex, no nothing.

Also depending on where you surfing from and to, it's sloooowww! I did a speed test from Dallas to here and it was only 21 kbps down. The same test using Los Angeles got 1132 lbps. I think TelMex has a really bad hardware disaster someplace on their backbone network.

7. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mix: giggled reading your post! Apparently you are just as fluent in computer as you are in English! :)

And I'm sure that most of those who post on this board understood EXACTLY what you said...although I'm not one of them.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Evil grin!

My connection is still pretty slow sometimes. But now at least those email addresses are no longer bouncing, so that's a step forward. My Vonage phone is failing a lot right now, because the connection is slow I'm sure.

9. pyrorainx

pyrorainx Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am sorry to dissapoint you but.... I doubt the slow speed is affecting you. Amongst many of the not so legal TELMEX procedures, there is one that blocks vonage users. Whnever TELMEX detects ports used by vonge, it automatically drops the speed to horrible slow speeds and hence our IP call won't go through. I recommend using skype, it cut my TELMEX bill 100 dlls each month, and TELMEX can't block it.

edit: some info

http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/61635

10. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    pyrorainx is exactly right. TelMex tries to block Vonage and most other VoIP providers. I use Skype which autonegotiates it's way around this, so far.

I also have to apologize for my techogeek posts. Lots of people treat their computers and internet connections as household appliances. There's nothing wrong with that. Just like opening your refrigerator and expecting it to be cold inside and for the light to come on, a computer should just work.

The only problem with that is when somethings not working, you can't just call Sears and have them fix it. So some of us get a little more involved with what's "under the hood" and how it's connected. I'd be glad to explain any of the geek stuff via PM and not clutter up the board.

BTW, as of now, 8:14 PM, Prodigy's sendmail servers are still working but I keep getting a password prompt for receiving, which means that's gone FUBAR too. I bet you Senor Slim doesn't use TelMex-Prodigy for his Internet and VoIP :) .

PS
    Just as I finished their sendmail sytem has gone down as well. Please note I'm only speaking about Cancun. I don't know about the rest of Mexico (but I have strong suspicions).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice