Prodigy Banda Ancha My Butt!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by mixz1, Jan 10, 2007.

1. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is anyone else having Prodigy problems. It's 4:45 PM (1645) and my speed is down by half. Naturally I can't get through to support. I'm just wondering if it's only me :evil: .

2. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been kicked off some many times today that I've switched over to my emergency cablemas connection.

My problem is possibly rain related. Getting to someone at Prodigy that understands technical jargon, rather than someone who's only question will be "what version of Windows are you running" - which is the perfect way to piss off an ardent Mac user - is highly improbable.

3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've found one or two of the English speaking techs and one Spanish speaking tech that seem to understand problems that are not on the script page that they read, but it's the luck of the draw. The gentleman I spoke with yesterday actually understood things like backbone, relays, DNS and routers. I was impressed.

Anyhow, by using this link: http://beta.speedtest.net/ I was able to pinpoint some problems. It seems as though they were having relay and DNS problems, but only from certain locations. Speed from Monterry was fine but from Housten was as slow as dialup. One of the good things about this particular test page is that you can pick various cities from all over the world to test. They seem to about about 75% fixed today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice