Probably was our last trip to cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by robbyxoxo, Dec 24, 2007.

1. robbyxoxo

robbyxoxo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well the churros are 15 pesos in cancun and 20 in pdc. :-|

2. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And Cigarettes just went up in Cancun to 25 pesos and are now 30 in Playa.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    That really sucks Brian, if I were still at home I'd be paying 105 pesos per pack :lol:

4. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have seen this post before.

5. K Man

K Man Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are just simply CHEAP. $30.00 Rooms...Maybe next time you can vacation in Iraq, I heard the rooms there are real cheap.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Plaza is notoriously poorly managed, and notoriously cheap. And La Isla is ridiculously expensive.

Try coming to Cancun and staying somewhere nicer and shopping somewhere cheaper, you'll have a much better time.

7. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We ate at ComeNEat in Oct and the food was really good and wasn't overpriced at all. then again, we don't look for cheap 3-4 dollar slop meals either.

8. robbyxoxo

robbyxoxo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL....I AM cheap, but thats besides the point. There is a big difference in what price you should be finding based on how long is your stay. I would hope that someone that is staying for a month, is getting a better nightly rate than someone booking a week.
    So your argument is that cancun is not expensive?
    What I am saying is that I can find similar accomodations at many other great tourist destinations for less than I pay in cancun.

9. robbyxoxo

robbyxoxo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to be clear, we had stayed cancun plaza before, and knew it was the dump of the strip. There are certainly many other nice accomodation options out there, but having to spend $80 a night for a room would pretty much sabatoge my ability to vacation 4 months a year. We have done a 2 month stays in cancun in prior years, so we were also familiar with La Isla and the stores there. We didnt buy anything at La Isla, I was just making the observation of how bloody expensive the stores are there.
    When we vacation, we choose to go for longer periods, spending less, rather than one week vacations spending like the avg Joe.
    I could come on here and list all the things about our vacation that we loved, but don't ya'll already get enough of that?
    One deal in cancun which I find to be a good value is the Isla Mujeres booze cruise. You can buy the tickets directly at the pier for around $22 per person. I consider that a good deal. I just dont see many other good deals in cancun.
    I know that most of ya'll going there for 1 week, dont want to be worried about the price of a drink or how much you spend on a junk necklace. Still doesnt detract from the fact that the stuff is overpriced.

10. robbyxoxo

robbyxoxo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe its what we ordered?
    We ordered the exact same 2 things as we ate 2 years prior. Both had increased in price and shrunk in size. $8 for a reuben sandwich which was half stuffed with a hotdog? If thats value, I'll stick to my $3-4 slop meals. The 20 pesos tortas downtown would run circles around come&eats grub.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice