Private Health Care

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by jen***, Nov 11, 2007.

1. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there,
    What can anyone tell me about private health care. Costs, who's best, how to look up info.
    It's a minefield and I'm confused.
    Thanks a lot
    Jen

2. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have GNP and I think they are one of the best.I do know that Health Insurance is not cheap but can't tell you what our premiums are.

3. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Jen,

We have GNP as well, for me and my wife we pay about 1450 pesos a month. It covers all the big stuff, and if you need to go and see a doc at Hospiten or something you get a discount of about 150 pesos off the consultation price. I'll find some info out for you when I get home from work and let you know.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    What's the excess on that Matt?

I know we looked into it a few years ago with GNP and didnt bother due to the high excess but we really ought to.

5. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, this is what I have found out from my wife,

We pay 4574 pesos every 3 months.
    The excess is 5500 pesos, So whatever the cost of your medical care you only pay 5500 pesos without a limit.
    The plan is with GNP and it is called Premier 200 Tempus.
    If you are in a foreign country (outside Mexico) it covers you up to 50,000usd with a 50usd deductible. But in Mexico there is no limit.
    It also includes Medical Movil, where doctors will come to your home, and in the event of an accident you don't pay any excess.

Any other questions let me know.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Did they do much in the way of researching past medical history? Just thinking that my premium may well be higher due to my hospital stay a few months back.

Does it cover pregnancy costs too?

7. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is excess something similar to a deductible? I'm not familiar with that term.

8. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes excess is the same as deductible (how I was using the term anyway). Like the portion you have to pay before the insurance kicks in.

They didn't research me at all as far as I know, I will check on that though, I seem to remember I had to declare existing ilnesses etc. but I had no medical history in Mexico at the time.

They give you 18,000 towards the doctors costs if you have a baby.

There is some rule, something to do with terminal illnesses, within 6 months of buying the insurance you won't be covered.

9. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They did have us fill out extensive forms on our Health and Pregnancy is covered after a year of being insured at least that was how it was 10 years ago. Madison was automatically covered at birth because I had coverage with them.

10. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    HI
    we use Goodhealth Insurance. www.goodhealthworldwide.com
    I know for one individual the cost was £674 per year with no access. We now have a family policy- but I can't find it. :oops:

Good luck finding the right plan.
    Steve - pregnancy costs? any news to announce?

Love
    Tracey

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice