Price Matching Vs Cancel/rebooking

Discussion in 'Temptation Miches Grand' started by Cheers2US, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +628 / 2
    Hi guys

My question could be for any of the resorts (TTR, DRM, DP, TMR TGM/Desire Miches)

I booked a stay for Desire Miches for their most basic rooms, nothing fancy.

Shortly after I booked, I noticed the rate had dropped. I contacted Original Resorts and they agreed within 2 days to price match.

Then a little bit later, I saw the rate even lower. I contacted Original again. They took their time but eventually matched the lower price again.

Today I see there are Black Friday sales. The rate is even lower than before. The deal is for a "mystery room" meaning I won't know the room type until after booking. It wouldn't matter to me since I had already booked the lowest-end room. So it's not like I'd risk getting a lower room type because I was already at that.

Would it be crazy to ask them to price match a 3rd time? I don't know if there's a limit.

Additionally, my original booking has "free cancellation" still. Would it be better to cancel that booking and just rebook with the Black Friday deal? Has anyone here ever cancelled/rebooked? Does the deposit get refunded automatically?

2. KLK@99712

KLK@99712 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    I was wondering the same thing, regarding Black Friday sales

3. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    To take advantage of the Black Friday sale using the CYBER23 promo code they specifically state " For new bookings only "

ie you would have to make a new booking using the CYBER23 promo code and cancel your previous booking.

FYI - also in the past, for these Black Friday sales, they have required full payment up front at time of booking that promo .....

4. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,907 / 5
    I have always been able to get them to price match. It is usually as simple as saying in an email “hey I found this lower rate for the same dates and room type and it is xx less”. They ask for a screen shot then adjust your original (this has been TTR Cancun only for us) have done it at least three times. Never tried it for Cyber sales though? And the cheaper rates were always their new sales, not a third party.

5. Cheers2US

Ratings:
    +628 / 2
    I booked directly with Original Resorts. I often use third-parties, but I didn't do so for this booking.

I wouldn't have minded paying in full up front.

Unfortunately the price has jumped significantly and is no longer lower than what I have. (I cleared cookies, used different/private browsers but no luck)

6. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,907 / 5
    Did you by any chance screenshot the better rate? Could still work? We always book direct through Original Group. Then they would have a sale and a better rate.

7. Cheers2US

Ratings:
    +628 / 2
    I did save a screenshot - just not sure if they would match a Black Friday or Cyber Monday rate. I've already asked them to price match twice so I'm a little hesitant to ask a third time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice