Price Difference Between Ttr And Desire....worth It?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by ThePutSluppies, Jul 16, 2020.

1. ThePutSluppies

ThePutSluppies Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +397 / 0
    We are considering going to Desire RMR after a few days at TTR. But then we were given the quote. Omg I didn't realize Desire was triple the cost of TTR? Does anyone who has been to both know why it's so much more? We have been to TTR and are about to book our fourth trip for next month and wanted to check out Desire the last two days of our vacation but we just aren't sure it's worth the massive price difference

2. BigPapaPuff

BigPapaPuff Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 2
    We went to DRM last year and while it is nicer in some ways, we didn't find it that nice to be so much more expensive. Food was a bit better, better alcohol, but nothing that seemed to justify it. Besides being able to get naked lol. We probably wouldn't go again unless we come into some extra money!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    We've been to both Desire, RM & Pearl, 5 times & Temptation 5 times over the years. But leaning more Temptation recently.
    They are all awesome, but it all totally depends on the people & current crowd that week.
    All have excellent staff & facilities.
    Desire has slight edge in food, atmosphere, couples only, 100% nudity, & better suited for lifestyle swingers.
    Temptation has a younger crowd, more lively party atmosphere, pool parties & beach sports. Big edge since A loves the paddle boards, canoes, & I love the catamaran sailboats. Better evening show at Bash.
    Being lifestylers, Desire has a slight edge, but def NOT at twice or triple the cost...

• List
  4. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    We prefer Desire riveria maya because of the couples only situation, and the camera phone situation. We aren’t members, so the alcohol choices are much better for us at the Desire properties. We personally like the food options at both places, DRM may have a slight advantage in quality, but TTR has more variety. I don’t pay double, but we tend to go during the summer months. That’s when I’m off work, and it just so happens to be cheaper at that time. In two trips I paid $400 and $360 night garden view at DRM, and in 5 trips to TTR I normally pay $300 a night for bash tower, this time I’m paying $270. If it wasn’t for the price, we would always go to DRM. But we split our trip between TTR and DRM to save cost. We normally vacation between 10-14 days.

5. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    One other thing I forgot to mention. The staff to guest ratio is much better at DRM, so the service is much better. No waiting on anything regardless of how busy it is. Sometimes at TTR during busy times at the pool, may take a while to get a drink. Not at DRM, never.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    We've been to Temptation, Desire RM and Desire Pearl and we love them all. They each have their strengths. Yes, at Desire, you can be totally unclothed. I know some might not find that appealing, but once you've tried it, it's a beautiful, uninhibited feeling. (Just read reviews and you'll see many who have shared that sentiment)

The nice thing about Temptation is you get more "bang for your buck" You get a great atmosphere, great food, fun conversations, amazing entertainment and wonderful service. At the Desire resorts, you get all that, but maybe a notch or two better. Again, the nudity is nice and the play areas are also excellent.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that you're asking this question on the Temptation board. There tends to be some bias towards TTR, understandably! But there is also the Desire forum where you can ask this question and get, understandably, different answers.

Another nice thing is that Desire is couples-only, so no singles.

I do think Desire is worth the extra cost, but too bad that means we cannot afford to go as often as we'd like. So we either go to TTR instead or do a split trip with half the week at TTR and the other half at a Desire.

PS - if you haven't checked, try using Trivago to search for rates (for Desire, Temptation or any hotel really) I've had very good success with that site. I once got a room at Desire Pearl for $375/night when other guests were paying $500+ (we were comparing) HotelsCombined is also a decent site.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  7. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Actually, we get more bang at Desire
    But, Yes, more bang for your buck at Temptation
    Your mileage may vary...

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Long story short... (for us) DRM's price tag is well worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice