Premium Alchohol at AI's? Also is it watered down?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by UofA, Dec 28, 2006.

1. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ha ha typo did't realize that.... :lol:

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awe, and here I thought you had a whole different side to you, LOL. :lol:

3. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well, maybe not watered down...but possibly tainted. There was a city-wide "bust" of clubs serving cheap-grain alcohol in so-called premium drinks a couple years ago. Don't recall it happening again in SB 2005 or SB 2006:
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3476

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the clubs learned their lesson after being shut down and losing thousand of dollars.

But never say never....

5. deeka

deeka Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I stayed at teh Gran Costa Real (your hotel's sister one, that's now changed hands). There were some premium spirits on offer but nor beer.

I though the beer was watered down but I might have just made myself immmune to it!

If you want a strong cocktail picka waiter and tip him well, he'll look after you.

Or if you're there with a female send them to the bar. The barmen are like all men....more generous to the ladies!!

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes they do like women and will bend over back wards for us..hee hee'

"The Beer at the Gran Costa was Corona on tap. clearly not as strong as the normal corona you would get back home. And seeing how we are Canadians and all US or Mexican isn't as strong as ours :cool:

7. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Corona 'not as strong'?

It's already like water.... Coors Light-ish. I'm glad my hotel didn't have it.

I would like to say that after about 12 cans of Pacifico I grew to like it. Thanks Steve :cool:

8. deeka

deeka Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We also found a solution to this problem.

With every drink have a shooter. Job done!

9. Madd Dougg

Madd Dougg Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just drink everything you see, If you dont like it ask for another (different drink) and keep doing that until you have tried every possible drink you can think of and by that time you will be immune to the taste anyway! besides its free!

10. Ant95

Ant95 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this is the only thing that sucks in cancun, the alcohol. however i try and put it out of my mind and pretend its open bar college nite lol, basically ure drinking to get hammered. but what me and my friends would do is go to the liquor store and buy absolut or what ever they had and a bunch of red bulls and use that to pre game so by the time we got to the clubs we wouldnt really taster their garbage alcohol, and during the day i would maybe have one or 2 of their ai beer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice