Premire charge of $49.00 member benefit

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by ffto, Mar 18, 2009.

1. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a week from a friend and paid th AI fee for May. They told me when I arrive I would need to pay a $49.00 USD member benefit fee. This is new and I have never paid it before. Does anyone have any information on this. I don't believe it's in any contract. Is this a new way of making money for them? Any help would be appreciative. Seems like new charges or changes to benefit them is what it is all about.

Anyone heard of this before? :evil:

Don

2. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes, I have heard of it within the last year, it seems it the member rents or gives away theit bonus week during a time when they are not there(the member) then they tact on some fee. And you are right just another way for them to get more money. Terry

3. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is the first time i've heard anything about this. is it only iwth the new contracts or with all?

4. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    really??? inquiring minds....

soooo if I give someone a week of mine, they have to pay the AI fee AND this bogus 49 dollars???

5. TerryB

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think it applies to all members, dont have a clue how they are explaining the need to charge 49 dollars when some one visits with out the member, it's just a way to charge more money and keep you from renting weeks your self. Terry

6. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    $49.00 this year and will they raise it each year?????? :evil:

49.00-149.00-249.00-349.00-549.00 I would not be surprised.

Then you could not even pay people to take your extra weeks. Another loss in your contract.

New charges every year. :evil:

Don

7. TerryB

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You're mostly likely right about them encreasing that charge every year. and they will add some other charges just wait and see. Terry

8. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Actually they have been talking about it for a couple of years. We bought nights from John C. a couple of years ago and and they asked us about it. Last year, same thing, they brought it up when we got there but I looked at them with a sort of huh???? look and they didn't push it.

It seems that if the owner isn't there at the same time they want to charge you $50 per week. No one has ever seen it in a contract so when you show up ask them to show you the charge in the contract. You may end up having to pay it in order to check in but make it as difficult as possible for them. Tell them no one ever told you before that point that they did, so please show me in the contract where it indicates the charge. They may show you a bogus piece of paper and say it's part of the contract and you would never know so you're stuck. But until they figure that out, you're on the plus side. :D

It's a bullshit charge to keep people from sellng their weeks but it is s bullshit charge that is not in the contract and therefore not enforcable unless they want to outright lie. And we all know they are not above that. :wink:

Jamie

9. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One way to solve this is to always carry a copy of your contract with you. I know it's a pain in the ass, but then they can't tell you that it's in there when it isn't. A few years ago, they started charging to transfer nights to points. They tried telling me over the phone that it was in this section thiis number of the contract. I had my contract in hand and after arguing for a couple of weeks, they had to finally admit that "Oh it's not in your contract". But it was in other contracts. Again, we are back to the same problem that we've been incurring for years. There are so many versions of the contracts that when new people arrive, they only know what the newest ones are, or atleast only try to book with those guidelines. And that's where they try to screw the older members. And lets face it, not everyone knows everything thats in their contract. So sometimes,, they are able to get over on a member because they don't know any better, but if you have your contract with you, they can't get over on anything. And juust my opinion, don't ever let them take your contract out of your sight.

10. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is exactly what I thought. At least I know one person that has had the experience. I will have fun with this and play with their minds when I get there.
    :p

Thanks Jamie can't wait to see you guys again.

Don

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice