Premiership Football

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by k-r-c, Aug 3, 2007.

1. k-r-c

k-r-c Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've searched and seen similar questions to mine asked a few times but couldnt find a really definitive answer.

Am going to Cancun for the first time later this month and wondered what bars show premiership games?

I got a West Ham season ticket and we only play Reading away whilst im in Cancun for the 2 weeks, but i dont expect our game is high profile enough to be shown live but would like to keep up to date on the football that saturday.

So any bar names would be helpful. Thanks.

2. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure a legitimate search would have pulled up a ton of threads on this as it gets asked over and over every single year since this messege boards been in existance.

But, to answer the question, yet ANOTHER time.

You can go to Caliente in the hotel zone, it's a sports book place where you can watch all the games and places bets if you like.

You can go to Champions Sports Bar, in the Marriott.

You can go to Outback Steakhouse in the hotel zone.

You can go to I think it's called Pat O'Brians, in the same mall complex as the Outback Steakhouse.

You can go practically anyplace with a TV and they will be showing the games.......most places have HUGE banners advirtising what they are showing on the telly. You can't miss them....just find a place that suits your fancy, cop a squat, and you'll be in football heaven!

Michelle

P.S. If any of these places have closed, somebody please post that so he doesn't end up going only to find a closed sign on the door.

3. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I second the idea that anywhere with a tv will most likely be showing football if it is on.

When we were there last month the big Mexico vs Argentina game was on. I ended up watching about a half hour of it in a silver shop while Karen shopped for jewelery. Just me and three other old guys watching a black and white TV in the back room of the shop. I did not speak Spanish and they did not speak English, but we got along just fine since I was wearing a Mexico jersey. :lol:

4. ibizasue

ibizasue I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    we always go

we always watch the english footy in pat o¨brians it is tagged on the end of the flamingo plaza in hotel zone xxxx if there is a choice of games outback steak house next door show other one .. I found the caliente didnt show many of the english premier games.. :lol:

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Update as requested by Norm's Kid.

Caliente's in the Hotel Zone has closed. One is open in town in Paseo Cancun Mall, which is less than a mile past the Walmart that is located on Xcaret. The street name changes and it is called Andres Quintano Roo where Paseo Cancun is located.

They are building a new Caliente's at Plaza La Isla in the Hotel Zone but I don't think it is open just yet.

But if you take some mates to the one in town they will probably show your game for you. This place has more TV's than any place else.

Another option could be a popular sports bar in the middle of downtown called La Taberna.

Good luck

6. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Another place that shows the footie is Rio Churascaria, a brazilian restaurant at km 4.5 on the hotel zone. You got to remember though that if you want to watch it live they kick off between 7 and 10 in the morning unless its a week night, so you got to find somewhere open, or your hotel will probably get it on Sky. If your hotel has espn 2, fox argentina, then you got a chance. Don't know if you got much chance of watching the hammers play some other nonces though, they usually only show real premiership teams.

7. ibizasue

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    the rui charrusca restaurant is opposite blue bay getaway, and yes they did have premier football, but they were charging 20 euros to watch it when we were there in march, so we all jumped on the bus and went to pat o brians always a good atmosphere with loads of brits watching it.. the food is very good at the brazillian restaurant though at night :lol: all you can eat brazillian meat barbeque for 30 dollars..

8. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to let you know K-r-c they are showing the hammers and city this morning, it kicked off 9am our time on fox argentina, so you may get lucky mate.

9. ibizasue

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    yes

they did show a few of the games in the room at the hotel (blue bay getaway) but it is better to watch footie in a pub with atmosphere. :lol:

10. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pub atmosphere at 9am in the morning? I didn't know Pat O'briens was open that early?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice