Premier vs RCI???

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by jdavis331, Feb 25, 2009.

1. jdavis331

jdavis331 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok... i am trying to figure this out... are premier and RCI the same thing??? I know they pretty much used to be (you got the same incentives/perks).... Now it seems that premier is RCI but RCI is NOT premier?!? Does anyone know the differences???

The reason I am asking, is because on the RCI website, there is a link to the premier website... this is to be the ONLY hotel website here... on this website, there are "specials", ie cheaper AI fees if booked during certain time frames... but of course, when you try to call the resort (which, by the way, is the same number for RCI members and premier members) to pay your AI fees, they say that these specials are ONLY for the "premier" members... i have been several times in the past and have ALWAYS gone to the "premier" lounge and have always gotten "premier" service (same benefits)... what benefits am i going to get this trip??? still the upgraded alcohol, room service, bldg D rooms, etc??? was this guy i talked to just pulling my chain to see if he could get more money from me??? From what i have read, premier does seem to be money hungry these days...

any info would be helpful! :D

jenn

2. handyman

handyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
  3. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    No they are two separate companies. Premier is also a separate company from the resort. Like Handyman said go to the link, read the info there, incluing the forum. Terry

4. jdavis331

jdavis331 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank god i didn't get suckered into all that... we went to the sales pitch, but it didn't make sense to us why we should buy from them instead of just using RCI... we felt like it was a scam... they put the pressure on thick. Lucky for us, we didn't have an extra $20K, $10K, or even $5K (i think that was the final offer... we felt like we were bartering for a pair of sunglasses) at the time...

that was the last time we went to BBG... are all of the other benefits the same???

5. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    i think with one of them you spend $100,000.00 and get a cute little blue towel and i think with the other one you spend $100,000.00 and get a pretty goldish yellow one

you know........i actually think the pretty goldsih yellow one looks better around the sexy pool than the cute little blue one does - but T just swears that the blue ones match her eyes better (if the sun hits at just the right angle)

so until one of them decides to throw in a key chain, a bag of krispy kreme donuts and a pair of sunglasses i think will wait to see which way we want to go :cool:

hope this helps

6. TerryB

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    At one time it was a good deal, several years ago we could go and stay for 10 days for 1300 dollars incluing air fare, with not beening able to use points to fly and the increasing AI fees, and premier wanting more money for a new contract, I wouldnt advise any one to buy there. A lot of members are going through RCI to book instead of Premier because it is cheaper. A least the can use all those points for something. Terry

7. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    here ya terry

aint worth it

you can only screw somebody so long before they are eventually going to ask you for at least a kiss

the best

rob

8. TerryB

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I hope a lot of other people here it! Terry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice