Premier Membership Question

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by RockAustin, Mar 19, 2024.

1. RockAustin

RockAustin Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, we have a "limited" premier membership that we bought 2 years ago - it provided member pricing for 3 years and up to a certain number of nights (I think 30? Don't remember). We went to a sales presentation this trip about upgrading to a full membership package that includes the 40% credit, fly-back program, and a buy-back program. I've read information on this and other sites about the credit and airline ticket refunds, but have not found anything about the buy-back program. I am wondering 1) is it legit, and 2) has anyone used it?

As explained to us, if you buy a membership package of like 500 nights, and after ten years, you have at least half of those nights remaining, Temptation will buy back your membership at the original price to resell it to others. So let's pretend I pay $20,000 for the 500-night package and only use (or sell to others) 200 nights... in 2034, Temptation will pay me $20,000 to buy back the membership. It's facilitated through an insurance program (I think similar to the flight refund). The program costs a percentage of the membership package... I think maybe 9%? I don't remember how much.

Has anyone else bought this? Read the fine print of the contract? Is the program old enough to have been used by anyone on this forum? Your thoughts are welcome and appreciated!

2. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +559 / 3
    I bought the program but I'm still 3 or 4 years from by 10 years of ownership. This 10 year program was pretty new when I bought it, so I don't think think anyone has yet to reach the buyback period. To be honest, at the time I figured that there was no way to know if I would ever get my money. But if I do, it feel it will have been a very good investment. I call it my "Las Vegas Contract". :) Time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. RockAustin

RockAustin Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your response. I guessed that the buy-back program might be new. It was explained as a type of insurance, as I recall. If you happen to have easy access to your agreement, I would love to be able to read it. I might be able to contact someone at Temptation to get a copy as well (which would be their current rendition), but I'm not sure how to find someone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice