Premier All Inclusive Prices 2008

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Steve, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Slotman

Slotman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Those of us who received a letter about our Temptations concerns got the info from:
    Chris Oldroyd
    Marketing Director
    Premier by Original Resorts

Hope you get satisfaction... if not, please let us all know.

2. jkmrtv

jkmrtv Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I spoke to Pedro in Reservations, Quoted me 80.00usd last week in May.

3. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sometimes it pays to procrastinate :lol: We had the money when we booked the room and so did my brother for his room (they offered us 07 prices) but we spent it on other things like food :lol: and bills :cry: and our grown kids :evil: now we have the money and are waiting for tonight to pay the fees when he and his wife come over (talk about luck) :D

4. jkmrtv

jkmrtv Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :lol: Sometimes good things do come to those who wait :wink:

5. djalbe

djalbe Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Roll back rates only til May 08 ???

Hey all,

I just had my Premier member friend call in for info on getting 2 rooms for July 2-9th. He mentioned the roll back rates and he was told it is only thru MAY 2008, so our July reservation will be at the 08 pricing. Not sure who he spoke with. He then complained that to pay $200/room per night was too high considering he could get it for $165/night online. They asked where he saw such a rate and he said a friend mentioned it (ME, but he didn't say what site) but if he would provide the website then they would certainly look into it.

I told him to forget about it. Last thing I need is for the resort to somehow cutoff alpharooms from getting special rates and then EVERYONE gets *ucked !! I'm booking thru alpharooms tonight.

PS. Alpharooms had trouble processing my 20% deposit to my AMEX. Called AMEX, no issues on my end or their's. Send alpharooms an email asking them to look into my charge and contact me back. We'll see. Anyone else have a problem with a US AMEX charge ? The other couple tried it also, same exact problem.

-DJ

6. khonthai

khonthai Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Friends,

Alpha room is an English T/A Website. Please check with AMEX card, I know AMEX charge 3% for currency exchange. I could be wrong here, I know Discover Card does not.

Good luck, hope you get your discount.

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Repost from another thread:
    ====

Amex and Discover are both credit card types that are very uncommon in the UK. Discover is unheard of and Amex is hardly used by anyone. Visa is #1 and Mastercard #2.

My guess would be that since Alpharooms is a UK company selling primarily to UK residents that their automated software probably isnt configured to accept Amex and Discover and payments using these are held pending a manual verification system. I often have exactly the same issues using a UK issued credit card when I try to purchase in Mexico or online in the US.

Remember also the UK is 6 hours ahead of CST, so if you're booking now at say 9:20pm CST it is 3:20am in the UK and probably the staff that perform those manual checks are not working at the moment.

As an aside, my Dad and Stepmom flew home tonight having used Alpharooms for their 6 night stay at Temptations. Everything went fine for them.

8. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Re: Roll back rates only til May 08 ???

I think there is some serious miscommunication going on between the resort, to its management, to its employees, and finally to its guest. All I know is the head guy for Premier is Chris Oldroyd and he never said anything about the roll back ending anytime soon so I think I'd question who you actually talked to on the phone. If you have booked with Alpharooms I'd make sure to tell them directly you booked elsewhere for less because you were told that, weather it turns out to be true or false information they gave you. They need to hear from people that they can book much cheaper elsewhere. From talking to Chris they seem to be starting to learn this on some level. So if people keep mentioning it, cross my fingers it may have an effect on future A.I. fees.

Nick and Renee

9. djalbe

djalbe Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Booked w/ alpha

OK, so I called into Alpharooms and they really weren't sure why my res w/ AMEX did not go thru. She did find my details and itinerary in the system though. Anyway, TONI, went ahead and processed it over the phone with me. Same rate as online $1155 for a week in July, I did buy the cancellation waiver just in case. I chose the 20% deposit also. In all, spent about 15 minutes on the call with hold times @ 8 cents per minute.

I'm pretty sure the Premier office already knows that alpharooms is offering a lower rate. But, I didn't want my friend to tell the Premier office specifically about alpharooms because I really didn't want to *uck everyone else JUST IN CASE the TTR office could pull the plug on alpharooms. I wouldn't want all the non-members sending me hate mails if it was my action that caused this great deal to disappear. And given the difference, $200 per couple vs $165... $35 x 7 nights is $245.... that's probably enough of a difference for Premier members to use alpharooms also.

Believe me, if there is anything I can do to help the Premier cause in getting better service, more perks, etc WITHOUT it effecting the other significant non-members I would gladly do so. I've been pretty sympathetic and vocal to Premier member's meager VIP bene's and recent disappointments. I was in the hotel buz for 9 years, so now on the flipside, I really appreciate great service, great people, amenities, perks, and ANY pampering I can get. I use to kiss everyone else's ass to make them feel special and enjoy their stay, fortunately I'm now on the receiving end.

You may KISS ME right here :lol: TTR, here we come July 2nd - July 9th.

PS. With our other couple going, both Amy and I have the same birthday, JULY 1st. Is there anything "special" the staff can do for us on a belated birthday ??

-DJ

10. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Re: Booked w/ alpha

Just tell Chinos its your birthdays and everything will be taking care of. :lol:

Nick and Renee

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice