Premier All Inclusive Prices 2008

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Steve, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Ed and Rae

Ed and Rae Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder how many preimer members there are on this site, and would it do any good for ALL of us to start addressing this with them? Potential members see dissatisfaction on this forum, and I've always met folks there, who were scheduled for a timeshare presentation. At this point you couldn't reccomend buying.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Truth is they never cared about the potential of this forum as a selling point for Premier when it was actually worth buying. I suspect they'd care even less about the views of forum members when it isnt.

3. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    I'm thinking I don't understand something - what's the difference between a "Premier" and an RCI member? Is a "Premier" someone that bought a timeshare specifically at BBG? Please shed light ...

4. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RCI is exactly that...you purchased your vacation through RCI and pay the fees they quote. Premier is someone who bought into a club membership (not a timeshare as the sales people will tell you over and over as you don't own anything). I am not sure if there are any differences in perks...it used to be RCI got a red band and Premier got a gold band. All premier packages are different. Some include discounted use of the yacht, more weeks etc.

Help any?

5. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    There basically one in the same. Premier is what Temptations/BBG calls there timeshare members that bought at the resort. Over the last seven years its been running the program has changed drastically. RCI is like the parent company that basically oversees everything to do with timeshares point system.

Nick and Renee

6. RobnStew

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    But it sounds like that you don't own any actual equity, like a Timeshare. Timeshares by their nature are a shared equity ownership interest that is "real estate" and can be deeded and the ownership of which is permanent. Sounds like Premier is more like a club membership into which you pay to get certain rights that aren't available to others - sort of like buying an American Airlines Admiral's Club membership (their "elite lounge" at an airport - gives you rights to come in, enjoy the food and drink, place to be at the airport, etc., but you don't actually own anything).

But that's weird - you pay to join Premier, and then you pay more each time you stay?

With Premier, are you also a member of RCI or another type of timeshare program? I.e., can you use what you paid in to go visit/enjoy another property?

7. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We DO belong to RCI and have points assigned to each night we purchased (we just purchase the room, not the all-inclusive fee and yeah it makes absolutely no sense at all that we paid to pay more to stay there). We purchased a smaller package (5 years) and trade our points in for airline tickets. They gave us "bonus" weeks and we use those for our stay so we do not use any of our points for the actual stay. Not everyone agrees this is a good idea and basically with the number of points we purchased we only really prepaid for our flights....and now even that has changed with how RCI works points. It all seemed like a good idea at one time.

8. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    As with any timeshare you have fees each year you pay into RCI if you want to continue being able to use points or weeks for other resorts. If your only going to the BBG you can forget RCI all together if you want. If my memory serves me correctly, in my contract I believe it states I could sell my remaining contract but would have to pay a small fee for the paper work to be switched over. Not a 100% on that but I'm pretty sure.

All you pay each time you go is the A.I. fee of the resort. Unfortunately with the rise in the fees over the last few years its getting to the point that us members are paying about the same as nonmembers to go to the resort. That is what is getting people mad. Because the main point of buying into it is to save money. I can honestly say that since I joined in early 2001 the money I've saved has paid for the intial cost of the program. I use to save about $400 to $800 each time we went. If I go for two weeks I was saving about $1000- $1200 each time. But now with the A.I. fees up to were there at the savings are pretty minimal unless you find a steal on airfare. Newer members have only been use to saving a few hundred at best so they don't quiet get upset over the increase in A.I. fees. Us older members have seen the trend and are now worried where is it all heading? The new fee in Feb. for $104 a night is almost laugable because you can book the same trip yourself for around the same amount. We are worried that in two years we will be talking about $130 a night. At that point us members are paying more then non-members to go to the resort and get basically nothing in return. So what do you do?? You got something you paid thousands for and now its basically worthless.

Nick and Renee

9. RobnStew

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    ^^^ Thanks Nick. EXACTLY the info I was looking for and suspected.

Stew

10. SvetaNDaz

SvetaNDaz Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we were the 2nd people to join Premier Members scheme but have never really got our $12000 worth. In hindsight would buy it now and if someone asked me I would say don't touch it with a barge pole. That said it has need good for us in the past when certain admin staff used to work in the service centre. They would drop us emails telling of bargains. We used to get a really nice buffet just for members (and sell to newbies).
    With the increased fees it really is getting close to the normal booking fee through agents. You gold premier members band is hardly noticed and doesn't even get you non local alcohols like it used to.
    We go to other resorts in the group from our Premier Membership. If someone wanted to buy it at a seriously reduced rate I would consider it.
    I'm going to have a winge when I get pounced on by sales staff about upgrading. Not sure they are bothered really.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice