Premier All Inclusive Prices 2008

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Steve, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Premier Members All Inclusive Prices 2008:

ALL INCLUSIVE PER PERSON PER NIGHT

Jan 02 – Jan 31, 2008 96.00 usd

Feb 01 – Mar 31, 2008 105.00 usd

Apr 01 – Jun 30, 2008 94.00 usd

Jul 01 – Aug 16, 2008 100.00 usd

Aug 17 – Dec 22, 2008 75.00 usd

Dec 23/08 – Jan 01/09 136.00 usd

Additional charge on single occupancy 30.00 usd

2. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    :shock: OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

$105 is a kick in the nads. A couple would end up paying $1470 in A.I fees and then roughly $800 for flight for both. So your up to about $2300. This doesn't even take into effect the money you pay up front to be in the Premier program. Maybe they should change it from Premier to Sucker Program. :lol:

Plus with all the updates it now seems like really the only Premier benefits is an O.V. room (which to some is a big deal and some could careless), small spa discount, and I'm not sure if they done away with the little extras on the menus.

For giggles I just priced out a vacation on Expedia for a week in Feb. and a couple can go for $2403 add $35 a night for OV if you want it. I'm sure if you looked around you could get it even cheaper or use any of the million coupons out there and drop that price another $50 or $75.

I'm glad I got my intial investment back in savings on Premier otherwise I won't feel to great about it right now.

As usual I'd just like the BBG to explain why Premier prices continue to climb every year yet non-members haven't or changed very little in the last eight years?????

Nick and Renee

P.S.: I would really be mad if I bought in as a single a few years back since I know the biggest selling point then for a single was you didn't get hit on the single charge. Another change in the favor of Premier. Won't surprise me in the next year are O.V. rooms will magically fall under some new policy of.......you get it if its available. Otherwise off to the garden view.

3. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Yup, that's nuts. We paid $86 per person per night booked through FunJet Vacations when we went 7/19 through 7/25 last year - land, private car transfers, taxes. Air was on frequent flyer miles (first class down and back on AA, baby!).

Some friends of ours have offered us a week in their Premier package with them when they go - OK, fine, but at $1400, I'm thinking I can just buy a package in a regular room less expensively.

SO glad I didn't go listen to the time share spiel.

4. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only reason I don't regret buying into premier is that I got my husband to go back and now he is addicted. We bought the smallest available package with one bonus week and we have used points for our flights..so basically we are going for $1570 for a week in Feb....yeah we had upfront so add about $600 but we already paid that so it makes it affordable to go for us at this time. Would I buy in again knowing what I know...doubt it, but really no regrets that we did.

5. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Ouch!!!!

The price increases were about what I was expecting, and not many bargains using Premier. I do expect the prices for staying at Temptation to go up quite a bit over the next year, and especially after the renovation is complete.

IMO, the key is that the AI fees have to quit going up. Another couple of jumps over the next couple of years would be ridiculous.

6. nmarcks

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    BB & AB I agree with everything doing with the A.I. fees. You really can't go any higher without completely pricing yourself out of the market. In all reality if you saw my thread about a month or so ago on here with other resort A.I. fees you'd see the BBG already is about $20 a night higher easily.

I won't hold your breath on non-member prices going up. BBG has done lots of renovations over the last ten years. It wasn't that long ago the sport pool was the only pool :shock: . Then around 95 to 97 or so they made the sexy pool and renovated most of the resort at that time. I believe in 2000 is when they bought the hotel next door (around the quite pool) and at that time they did major renovations through out the whole resort (from about 2001 to 2004 work was being done). Much more money then they're currently spending. Yet if you traveled to the BBG in 2000 you'd pay around $2100 to $2400 for a couple. Basically the same as if you booked for 2008 and that is what gets me upset and every Premier member should be upset about that. No reason for are fees to have gone from $55-$60 to $105 during that time yet non-members nothing. Thats a 90%+ increase for us members. Also what bothers me now with all the new changes is the perks of the Premier program seem to be dwindling down.

I guess my question is when is it going to stop or even out on some level?? Maybe its one of the guarntees in life......Death, taxes, and A.I. fees increasing at unreasonable rates.

Nick and Renee

7. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    I can certainly see both sides of this discussion.

I would hate to be paying much for one of the rooms with the crappy views, and having to eat out or at the buffet. The view from the room probably does not matter much to guests that spend a lot of time at the pools and bars, but would certainly affect many people.

Who knows if Temptations will actually build a top quality replacement for Nice Shoes, add extended bar service, change away from the cheap booze.........etc............ If they actually do make those changes, they could get more for their rooms.

8. nmarcks

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Logically you'd think so BB & AB, but that is what I was kind of getting at in my post above. There has been many changes over the years to better the resort, yet non-members prices haven't increased. These have been big changes costing easily 5 to 6 times more in renovations then what they're currently doing. All these changes offered much more to the guest then what is going on now. If someone went to the BBG in 2000 and came back in 2005 they won't even hardly recognize the resort. If there was ever a time they would've really jacked up prices it would've been around 2003-2004 when the major work was completed. So I just don't see it happen now.

I'm for sure going to email BBG about some concerns I have. I think most Premier Members should voice there concerns. Any member who thinks $105 a day on A.I. fee is reasonable (at the BBG) needs to do some research. Now if the Members specifically were gaining something I can understand increases. But there hasn't been anything done for just the members in a long time. I also understand inflation but that doesn't explain why non-members prices haven't increased. So that tells me they're basically sticking it to the members because they don't have the pull to increase there rates on the travel agency contracts. I'm willing to bet the reason they don't have the pull is because the travel agency can say look "X" resort, "X" resort, "X" resort and so on is selling us nights at "X" amount. These resorts all offer more then you do, better location, better ratings, more resturants, and the list goes on. Basically they can pigeon hole the BBG into there price point based on prices of better and lower resorts then the BBG. So they can't raise cost high enough on that end they come looking at us Premier Members.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nick and Renee

9. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Well, despite the extensive renovation, the resort still rates 3 1/2 stars on Expedia (http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll/qscr=dspv/htid=375955) - the same star rating it had last summer when we booked there (albeit through FunJet, but that's not what this is about).

That said, cost is more than 2x what we paid - of course it is January, and I booked that trip in May, but ... you get the idea.

Will be inteesting to see how their occupancy goes based on the increased prices. I'd bet by spring, we will see mid-summer deals back in the $100/night/person range. And then I'll book up for another week!

10. nmarcks

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I think your right as you get close it will be much cheaper. Like I said above I priced out a Feb. week and it was only like $2400-$2500 with everything for a couple. That isn't even looking for a deal.

There biggest problem is when they sell blocks of rooms to the travel agency world they don't have as much pull. Travel agency "X" can always say resorts x, x, x, and x is selling us nights at x amount. You fit in between resort x, x, x, and x so we will pay you this amount and that is it. Take it or leave it. Yet with Premier they can do whatever they want.

I don't mind are A.I. rates going up if its justified. But we've gotting nothing from the BBG since we signed up as far as more perks go. In reality we lost perks. To me it just doesn't make sense.

Nick and Renee

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice