Predial time?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Oct 31, 2011.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey V where did you get the info for the 15% discount from?

I saw a taxi yesterday that had Predial 25% discount for December in his back window - not that I trust what I read on the back of a cab, but worth looking into? (probably from last year or something)...

2. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to transito on Thursday and they are not accepting payments until next week - they were unable to check the amount owed for this year.

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Multiple online news sources, and my actual experience when paying my taxes on 2 Dec, this year.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Paid mine today and got the 50% INAPAM discount. In and out in 30 minutes. Would have been faster had they updated the billing records when I registered the property in my name last December at Catastral. That took about 15 minutes.

I went to Palacio Municipal (thanks V). You walk in the front and there are 4 or 5 helpers there on the right to get you your bill. Then you walk to the back and there are like 15 cajas where you can pay.

There is a trick if you want to walk out of there with a copy of the bill as well as the receipt. You have to ask the first person you deal with to print you an extra copy because if you don't the cashier cannot give you one and he or she keeps the one you got. They do not volunteer to give you a copy for your files.

You CANNOT go to Transito or any other place to pay if you want the INAPAM discount. All that I had to present was the INAPAM card. I had originals and copies of my FM2, Passport and CFE paid bill but they were not needed.

Good luck to all. Oh yeah, the discount is on the Corriente only and not on the Adicional, but it is still on the bulk of the bill. It is a great benefit to have.

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Well, looks like T.J. was the first of our forum readers to take advantage of this nice discount, for those who hold the INAPAM card.

One of the nice things about this discount is that it doesn't seem to be limited as to time, like the other discounts.

It can take some time to get the INAPAM card, but this will be time well spent if you end up saving 50% on your predial!

DIF is the organization that handles the issuance of the INAPAM card: you will need to be prepared to make at least three visits- one to find out what they will require of you; another to submit your application, and the last to pick up your card.

6. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It would be great to get a V/TJ stylee breakdown of what's needed and where to go to change the predial into your own name - that would be really useful.

7. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just paid the predial - in and out in 5 minutes flat. Found a chap outside who told me what you need to change the name and where to go. All in all a good experience (except for having to pay money to the Man).

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good news Mat,

Now you can write up the information as you had the suggestion and now the most current solution.

Thanks for everyone who has yet to make the journey/adventure to Catastral.

9. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would but I left it at home at lunch - it's pretty easy though.

And you older folk have much more time on your hands I'm sure.

10. grubermexx

grubermexx Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    predial

any online payment options??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice