~*~ Pray For My Mom, Please ~*~

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Greta, May 25, 2009.

1. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just saw this one, so sorry for the delay Greta. I hope all turns out well. Stay positive and positive things will happen! We're all here for you!!

2. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, all.. Mom got to come home yesterday.. I think she starts her Chemo on Friday, unless the Dr changes it when she calls today..

The Dr that my Mom has it ranked really high, so she said she doesn't want to go anywhere else.. She really likes her Dr.. Thanks for the info though.... Some of her Sisters in Ohio wanted her to go to the James Center, but she doesn't want to go there either.. The Dr down/up there thinks very highly of the Dr she has now, and says she's in good hands...

Thanks again, everyone, and i'll try to keep you updated...

3. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad to hear she came home Greta....stay smiling! That will help her get through it!!

4. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greta:
    If your mom hand surgery less then a week ago, how could she start chemo less then a week later? That makes no sense, all good medical and cancer centers give the patient at least 3-4 weeks between surgery and chemo start in order for the body to recover from surgery. Please doulbe check for the sake of your mom.

5. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi greta, how is she doing???? Havn't been online properly in ages sorry

6. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Update On Mom!!

We took her for her post op visit yesterday, and he can't believe how well she's doing with it.. She's not even taking her pain meds.. Only had to take 4 so far in total, plus some motrin.

Chemo starts this coming Wednesday. She has to have 6 treatments to start off.. They will be on Wednesdays, every three weeks for 6 months, then he will check everything, and if things shrink, will set her up to have surgery to remove what he can at the time, if she's able..

After that, he says we will heal up and start over with the chemo again... I'll keep you posted, and thanks for all the thoughts & prayers...

7. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I think it will be 13 days after her surgery was done... He says it's dire that she gets it quick. Her fluids build up from the cancer cells, and it can throw her into a heart attack. She has a bad heart too.

8. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    glad to hear she's coming along, Greta!

9. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad to hear that she is doing better after surgery. Hope the chemo will not cause other effects to slow down the healing process.

10. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So far, so good with the chemo... It's not making her sick.. She's doing pretty good...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice