Potential Newbie Single Guy Questions

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by johnb1972, Jun 6, 2008.

1. johnb1972

johnb1972 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone,

I've been reading through all the forums trying to make up my mind where to stay in Cancun/Playa del Carmen. I'll be there 3 weeks at the end of July/Aug, and I'm thinking of spending 5-7 days at Temptation. However, I have a few questions:

1) I'm a single 35 year old guy. Is that a good time period? What is the single/married ratio? I ask because it seems that a lot of couples post.

2) If I go only 5 days, what are the best days? Any opinions?

3) I'm a bit overweight (not huge, but about 20/25 over)... and am rather self-concious about it... I grew up overweight and have been steadily working it down (60 lbs in one year... wooohoo!), but it made me grow up feeling self-concious about it. I'd like to have a good time and party, but I don't know if I'll feel awkward there.

4) I love neat lists. lol

Thanks a bunch for any feedback,

John

2. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Hello John... 1. Age doesn't matter.. You have couples and singles of all ages..And everyone is friendly..I'm 47 and single. Just got back two weeks ago. I met so many great people both single and couple. Sorry i don't know the ratio... :lol:
    2. I feel the best time to go to Temptations is over the weekend..The games and fun are more up beat since the weekend is the transition time.. Usually Thurs to Mon...
    3. Forget about your weight..seriously... There are all shapes and sizes at Temptations... I'm the same as you.. 20/25 over...Just go up to people in the Sexy pool and start talking. They don't care about the way your body looks...They will like you for you... Plus they have a saying at Temptations..." No one knows you and No one gives a sh*t " Just have fun is the name of the game.... :lol:
    4.. Go into the Temptation Lounge and get yourself on the July Roll Call and August Roll Call. Get to know some of the people that are going when you are planning on going. Everyone is great on this forum. I have some good friends now that i have been on the forum as well as went to Temptations... This resort is fantastic... I'm ICECUBE88 on this forum... Catch u later... :lol:

3. Cntrltxcpl

Cntrltxcpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey John,

1. Congrats on losing the weight! Good job. Now...I'm about 20 pds overweight and that's just one boob :D . Just kidding. I'm 5'1" and 142 pounds, and self concious, but who cares. This is the ONLY resort I've been to in the last 10 years of coming to Cancun where size DOESN'T matter!! Go and enjoy yourself.

2. I really love mid week- Thurs to Tues- especially if you get in on a Saturday, it's great. By that 2nd day, you will surely make some friends. I agree with Ice and talk to the people on the roll call schedule and get to meet others before you go. That makes the transition that easier.

3. The last few years we've been as a couple; however, last year, we brought my single sister and she partied with us and even made her own friends. I really don't think it matters if you're single or a couple--I don't know the ratio, but I think there are more couples.

4. Once again, go and have a good time! Enjoy yourself and make friends. Everyone there is great and it won't be hard to find some people to hang with.

Good luck!

Teresa

4. RonaldNTalina

RonaldNTalina Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DITTO. You will have a great time!

Ronald :cool:

5. SASSY08

SASSY08 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The weekend and go dipping in the ocean at least once if you need a hint just ask... I am a big momma and i dont care so if they think twice about it ... they aint worth it... so weight wise go in with your chin up and your head higher and have fun.... I know I did... and I am sure some people on this post knows that too!!! :lol:

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John,

I know that it proly sounds a lil hokie when folks say stuff like "size doesn't matter"...but it's true and Temptations is the ONLY place on the planet that I've got topless as a result.

Actually being one of those with some "love handles" puts you smack dab in the middle of the pack at Temptations. Most folks who go are not buff bodybuilder types, but hard working, young at heart, VERY normal types....not the playboy/playgirl types.

So chill out an enjoy the "vibe".....it will consume you and you won't want to leave.

As for singles/couples.....there is NO grouping of travelers into catagories like that at Temptations. Everyone is there to have fun an could care less if you are single or a part of a couple....

What matters most is are you friendly/outgoing and looking to have some fun. If you fit that category, you'll end up with solo friends/married friends both.

Michelle

BTW....nice avatar! Folks who are going the same time as you will be able to spot you pretty easy if your avatar looks anything like you currently look.

One of the reasons for adding the avatar is so that folks CAN recognize you. So...good job on the headshot! That's actually the best type of avatar for that purpose. That's why actors use them...

7. icecube88

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Bottom line...John....HAVE FUN!!!... :beerdrink: :bounce: :flash: :lotsofmichaelf:

8. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ....and it's NOT A BEER BELLY!!!.....it's a fuel tank for a sex machine :cool:
    Marsh

9. icecube88

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    LMAO!!! Nice thought....LOL... :lol:

10. johnb1972

johnb1972 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hehehe

*looks around innocently*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice