Post The Link to Your Temptation Pics Here

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by RobnStew, Jul 7, 2007.

1. ARomance

ARomance Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I am in the market for a new camera because mine broke while we were on the Thurday booze cruise. I've decided to get the Pentax Optio W30 but I can not find it in any store I've looked. I can order it online but I want it by this weekend because I'm in my brother's wedding.
    Any ideas on what store actually carries this camera?

2. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Not sure where you are but the Ritz/Helix/Wolf camera chain generally stocks them and I've seen them at Costco and Sam's Club as well.

That said, I bought mine on Amazon and had it in 2 days - if you order this morning, should be able to get by Friday. You'll pay a whack in shipping, but if speed is of the essence, speed can be purchased.

3. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Also a word to the wise on the Optio W30 ...

1) Temperature sensitive - don't leave it in the sunshine - mine got overheated during "love and marriage" - I left it sitting in the sun as I stood on the pool deck behind my wife. Bad decision ... had to take it into the room and cool it off completely before it would work. Thought I had ruined it.

2) Water: If you do take it into the water, afterwards make sure you open the little doors up and dry them, the seals and the areas where the seals mate with the body, with a q-tip. Then, when it has totally air-dried (especially after use in salt water), dip a q-tip in rubbing alcohol, shake off the excess (so no liquid will drip) and wipe the seals with it to clean them off and remove the salt residue.

3) Temperature note 2: when going from the warm air to significantly cooler water, the camera can internally fog up. This happened when we went snorkeling - the camera was pretty warm being out in the 90 degree air at the pool, then we went on the jungle tour/snorkeling run, and when we hopped into the 78 degree water and began swimming around, the lens fogged internally. Took the majority of our swim to clear up. The way I'd avoid that is make sure the camera is pretty cool - leave it in your room, and then wrap it in a towel or shirt to insulate it and keep it cool until the moment you hop into the water.

All in all, a very great little camera though.

4. Andre

Andre Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
  5. snerw0n

snerw0n Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the pics, nice to see the changes which were still being done back in october 07. Also great to see the lizard is still there, he was strutting his stuff along the corridor by the quiet pool :lol:

6. DMaldon762

DMaldon762 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. blackirish

blackirish Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    nice pics. So how was it, we leave next monday, can't wait!!!

8. DMaldon762

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was great. We missed dinner every night because we would pass out from all of the boozing we did all day. Then we would wake up at 11:00 pm and start drinking again and get a cheese burger.

9. blackirish

blackirish Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    did you hit places off site, or stay at the resort each nite?

10. DMaldon762

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    like I said...we passed out every night...went on a cool yacht ride around with some timeshare owners we meet there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice