Possible Shutdown Again

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Allen Fletcher, Jul 14, 2020.

1. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    Was a Boobs Cruise involved too? Could be another culprit?

2. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,846 / 5
    Everything is “possible” but Open air, sunshine and lots of alcohol are pretty good mitigation for a virus that supposedly only lives 20Ms in direct sunlight (though I am not a Dr., but I did stay in a Holdiay Inn last night) ;)
    No mitigation for some of the activities that may have occurred though!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. TandL

TandL Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    No

4. The Gringos

The Gringos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    There have been a lot of posts in the FB groups about positives from the resort. You can't really verify people are telling the truth - but logic would dictate at least some of those are true. Its not an all or nothing - "it had to be TTR" or "there's no way it was TTR" don't help, when it's most certainly a bit of both." The resorts are doing absolutely everything they can to gain some traction. I think they will figure out a solution before our stay. I have a lot of friends in the hospitality business and a significant number of them want testing to be proven upon entry. It makes sense, from a financial point of view. A lot of fence-sitters wouldn't be on the fence anymore. If getting a qtip in my nose for a few minutes means I get entry to TTR, I'll take 6 haha

Fingers crossed.

5. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The problem with that is if you were exposed on the plane or in the airport on the way to the resort the test wont do you any good.
    All it will take is 1 positive person at a resort to infect 10,20,30 or more people.

For the 3rd time our travel plans are in a holding patteren.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +422 / 1
    A couple of hours on a plane wearing as mask...

7 days drinking in the Sexy pool having a blast ignoring all social distancing rules...

‘Probably’ got COVID on the plane.

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    There have been quite a few posts, but that doesn't mean there have been a lot of cases.

Person A says themselves and another 2 couples tested positive after returning.

Someone else from the same group (Person B) says in a different post, different group or different time that their group of 6 tested positive

As a result of the above Person C says somewhere else that they heard of 12 people.

Person D comes along after reading all the above posts and says they have heard of 24

Person E reads all the above adds them all together and the number they have heard of is 48.

In reality, that 48 is all the same 6 people

and so on

If you take Facebook seriously for accurate stats...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Temptation have plenty of traction as it is, others not so much. Over 85% at times, rarely below 50% , sold out for Halloween, pretty close for Labor Day and that's without Brits, Europeans, Aussies, South Americans and Canadians.

Every single Mon and Fri July Boobs Cruise sold out and most had 40+ people on standby lists. Had we been able to run at 100% capacity our numbers would be well up on the last 3 previous years July.

The best most practical solution already exists and has been in practice since day one of re-opening

Encouraging 'fence sitters' to come by adding more stringent protocols would simply annoy and deter those who are already happy to go without them. It isn't going to happen.

Fence sitters are a nice to have optional extra, but not a necessity.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I'm worried no one will talk to me day 3 of my trip. I have bad allergies, and my sinus tend to get destroyed a little bit into my stay, and then they stabilize. But I do cough sometimes from any nasal drip I have. I am going to take a sudafed daily on this trip to try to help with that. But I swear I am going to be saying to people "This is what I sound like at TTR for the past 12 trips, not Corona." I might actually try not to yell and scream as much as normal and keep my voice.

10. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,846 / 5
    No one will “talk” to you because no one will understand you by day 3 (or day 2), based on personal experience! If I recall your most coherent conversations were right after the gym in the morning and for a 20 minute window right after your beach “naps”!
    Just kidding!
    Wish we were going with you!
    Suggest everyone read the new guidelines on the CDC website released 7/22. They have made major changes to the guidance and specific symptoms/time based return to work logic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice