Possible Shutdown Again

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Allen Fletcher, Jul 14, 2020.

1. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    I canceled from the roll call more than 3 weeks back, predicting this was going to happen. Given what we know about what works and what certain places aren't doing to curb cases, September is probably not in the cards for us.

This also disrupts our plans to go to EDC too. Real bummer that people think this is politically motivated and civil disobedience is in order.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Predicted what would happen?

The status is exactly the same as it was 3 weeks ago, when you predicted "it" :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. ging

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    I guess to be more clear, my state is rolling back their phases. If things do get better, I plan on going, but it’s not trending in the right direction.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Oh ok, at home. I thought you were referring to something in Cancun/Quintana Roo specifically

5. ging

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    I haven’t been keeping up with things there, but here, it’s not that bad yet, but the problem is it stopped getting better.

That being said, I’ve still held my ticket on the Boobs Cruise hoping for a change or vaccine. Lol

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  6. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    So back to OP's orig post about Possible Shutdown again at Temptation.
    Don't think so.
    It's probably much healthier & safer to be at hot humid sunny Cancun / Temptation beach & sexy pool, letting them twins absorb healthy vitamin D, than being at home being bombarded with BS depressing news 24/7...

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  7. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    We have a trip July 29th through August 3rd. My only concern is the resort shutting down things during our stay just like Breathless did in the Dominican when this BS COVID started. As long as we can get there and enjoy a vacation without having to go to a sister resort for food and booze it will be a success.

8. Petra_Jacob

Petra_Jacob Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +225 / 0
    Our concern is less with the planes (which are pretty safe now with mandatory masks and HEPA filters) and more with the lack of quality information coming from Mexican authorities right now regarding the epidemic. If we don't feel like we can make an informed decision, then we will opt to go to a place that provides us with that information.

9. Bratrish

Bratrish Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    I dont think you have to worry about Mexico shutting down the resorts. Looks as though they be relaxing the risk light to yellow next week.

Daily Cancun coronavirus situation report

We went back and forth on deciding to keep or cancel our reservations, and......We leave on Sunday!!

From what I can find Mexico seems to be pretty much on top of being as safe as they can, for whatever that is worth. Its a risk doing anything these days it seems.

Good luck in your decision!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. The Gringos

The Gringos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    Mexico currently has the 5th highest death rate in the world, and unfortunately a lot of people think it's safer than the states, when it is pretty much on par for projection. However, QRoo, Chiapas and Yucatan are doing very well. If you're going to go anywhere in Mexico right now, the tourist zone in Cancun is safer, overall.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice