Possible Shutdown Again

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Allen Fletcher, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    I can understand that. We have not received our refund from March when this B.S. all started.

2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Hey man, you can come to “cool” San Antonio...lol!

3. Steve & Kay

Steve & Kay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,930 / 1
    Same

4. The Gringos

The Gringos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    Keep informed by checking every day. 3 weeks is a really long time these days. As long as Mexico doesn't step up its enforcement policy of Americans to include air, you should be ok. That's easily your #1 risk factor. You might have to swim here.

5. Steve & Kay

Ratings:
    +1,930 / 1
    Steve
    When we booked our trip very early in March I thought certainly by end of September COVID-19 would not be an issue, They were saying schools to be closed for just a couple of weeks etc. etc.
    At this point I have heard everything there is to hear good, bad and indifferent. “15 days to slow the spread“ well it’s been a hell of a lot longer than that and the spread slowed and then it picked up more. Now cities are closing back down again and I have no idea where we will be in September. What is the school situation here (MD) going to be? I think I‘d feel like a real jerk if my kids were home struggling on their laptops and I was in Cancun. So for that reason we are going to postpone. Hopefully not for Very long but September isn’t going to work.
    Steve

6. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are booked for September as well and we are thinking of pulling the plug. Just too risky comming home and exposing our family.
    We were hoping for the numbers to be lower at this point but they are still trending upwards.
    We want to enjoy our vacation and not have to worry about anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Steve & Kay

Ratings:
    +1,930 / 1
    Kay and I also have older, very high-risk parents as well. Not worth the risk. Cancun will still be there. Hopefully sooner not later. Also, the point you make about not worrying the entire time you’re on vacation is something that we thought of. Nobody wants to worry while they’re trying to let loose for a week.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve you are so right, TTR is not going anywhere. We want to be able to let loose and not have any worries while on holidays. Stressing while on holidays is no fun and thats not what we are there for.
    And this gives me more time to hit the gym and get my body into shape to look like you Steve. Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    We are definitely on the fence about going in Sept as well. Cases in the Houston area are going up between 700-1200 new cases a day and I am thinking its inevitably going to shut down the county again.... That would most likely be the straw that broke the camels back for us.. We are still booked for now, but that could change real quick for us...

10. crazyeyes

crazyeyes Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0
    Unfortunately we just cancelled our Aug 18th - 27th trip just to scary for me turning 65 years young and Noel isn't a spring chicken either so maybe we can make it in May 2021. I actually started crying when on the phone with TTR to cancel this morning. First scheduled in May and now August bam gone!! Damn Virus!!! Plus who knows what King Cuomo is going to do..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice