Possible New Job

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by mugway05, Jun 29, 2007.

1. mugway05

mugway05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to a job interview last Saturday for a possible 12 week job contract in the USA. The job involves going around to different Universitys each week and signing college kids up on Volunteer holidays for the summer. The company would pay my flights, acom, transport and food while I am there.
    It would be such an awesome job....so every one please keep your fingers crossed for me. The job would start in September.

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    what company mugway?

3. mugway05

mugway05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its called International Student Volunteers

4. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    that would be cool.

I went to their website...they charge quite a lot for someone to go 'volunteer' their time....wow.

5. mugway05

mugway05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your paying for the experince. I think it includes a tour afterwards as well I think. The places they take you are amazing. I think its a very attractive deal.

6. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know....$2790.00 usd plus airfare/visa/passport to wherever your going....and you fly out of LAX (Los Angeles)...so if you don't live there, you gotta get there as well....

The "Standard" ISV Program: The “Standard” ISV program is four weeks in length, consisting of a two-week Volunteer Work Project and a two-week Adventure Tour. The cost is $2,790.00 USD, regardless of the country you choose to visit.

Included are: All meals during the two-week Volunteer Work Project and some meals during your two-week Adventure Tour as indicated in the ISV Travel Manual
    Activities (five per country for each Adventure Tour) as stated in your program manual. Activities will vary from country to country and may include white water rafting, snorkeling, rappelling, sailing, jungle kayaking and caving, to name a few.

BUT...don't get me wrong...to work for the company...by all means...GO FOR IT...lol...I would. :cool:

7. mugway05

mugway05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its been over a weeki now and still havent heard back from them. Oh well.
    Would have been awesome. haha.

8. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well...give them a few more days then call them.

9. Matty

Matty Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    good work mate!how did u get onto this?id be keen as..forward me the info can ya?

10. mugway05

mugway05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry for late reply matty just got back from Spain.
    Looks like I have got the job. Yeah Haa!!
    As long as my references come back ok.
    So USA here I come!!!!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice