Possible Meeting Next Week - Questions And/or Concerns

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by ScubaSteve, Jul 19, 2019.

1. DFW fun

DFW fun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +619 / 0
    And I can personally attest that he's even crazier in person than online! Him and Elyse (sp?) are good people!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Dan & Barbie

Dan & Barbie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Curious if this meeting ever took place?

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    I am sad to report that this meeting did not take place. And I am sorry to have let anyone down that was waiting on information.

There were a few factors to this:

1. It would have been great to have on my arrival day, while playing the never-ending room wait game, but the person I wanted to talk to was very busy with something/someone else, and I can understand how that was a priority that day.

2. This post caught on AFTER I had already left to the beach for the family weekend and then strait into having to pack and leave for the airport, so I was walking in with very limited bullet points. (even though I do know/share most of the concerns)

3. Once I got into vacation mode, I kind of just rolled with it.

4. I drink too much

5. TTR sometimes has a habit of just telling you what you want to hear. (and I wasn't sure I wanted to push for something pointless)

6. I wasn't even able to successfully upgrade my room at check-in when it was like 50-60% occupancy, for what I would consider a reasonable price, so I figured no one gives a shit about what I have to say anyway.

I didn’t go to Premier either. In the future I know that I only really want to meet with Premier on my arrival day. Wasting a half day in their office just doesn't end up appealing to me once the party juices are flowing and they are calling at 9am.

Just a few quick points before I try to put a trip review together.

1. We had an AMAZING trip and as always you can find GREAT people that share similar interests.

2. Though they were there, we had no issues with single dudes, or them trying to scoop in when I wasn't present.

3. I still feel the vibe is there, though it was not very crowded.

4. The leaking roof above bash looks like it is being properly repaired. Trenches looked to be getting dug out and an improved drainage system was being installed.

5. Service and food timing at the Sky bar was much faster.

6. The black member bracelet did seem to mean something from a table sitting, reservations, drinks/shots/booze (everywhere and often) position.

7. People were still doing some crazy stuff here and there, and security seemed fair.

8. I noticed less cameras/phones than our trip in April/May 2019.

9. The music at bash is what it is. Some nights it was good and some nights it wasn't (Though I care greatly about music always, for some reason at TTR it's just filler to me). More rotating and crowd reading DJs is the only way to solve this, and Bash will probably always be night-club loud.

10. Lots of rooms around the quiet pool are getting an interior remodel/refresh. The room next to us had people working in it daily, there was little noise (or at least they were being respectful enough to not be doing it when our room said "sexy time" on the door).

11. I am still always going to this resort. It might not always be 100% perfect, but haven't heard of a place like it, and it does look like they are really trying to keep improving things. (don’t hold your breath for any changes to the sexy pool depth or improved water temps)

• Like x 10
    • Informative x 7
    • Friendly x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  4. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Thanks Steve, looking forward to your full report, assuming life doesn’t once again grab you and distract from writing one. We all know how that is!

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    So here is the thing. Been around since 2010 (know many have been around longer :) ) but from time to time people get meetings with premier, the gm, entertainment managers, food & beverage managers, etc and what is always a common theme is that 'the resort knows best' and these meetings are to placate the masses. In my opinion they rarely result in real changes. The ultimate goal is to make money and they have never valued 'our opinions'. Frustrates me to no end. Just my 2 cents. Counter intuitive, I know, but that is the way it has always felt. Now this doesn't mean it isn't worth trying over and over again... for example, we used to fill out every exit survey and every 'on the restaurant table' comment cards with 'ADD a JACUZZI!!! Yes, we would put add a jacuzzi on our restaurant feedback cards :) I would like to believe all that feedback resulted in a jacuzzi at the new TTR but know that isn't likely the case.

As many know, my new cause since the new TTR is variety in the music. Sorry for the ramble... just my vent that they dont take feedback more seriously. And sorry to pee on the suggestion party :( But totally get it, when you love something so much why not try to make it even better?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Yes, rooftop still closed on Mondays as of July 15, 2019.

7. don1one

don1one Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    How about making the rooftop pool clothing optional and open at night?

8. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice