Possible Meeting Next Week - Questions And/or Concerns

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by ScubaSteve, Jul 19, 2019.

1. M&MToronto

M&MToronto Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 0
    Bash is supposed to resemble a "nightclub" and not a "bar". This is probably why the music is loud. Think of any club in Canada or the US. Music is always pumping and hard to have conversations. I mean I could be wrong but that's why I think it is very loud.

2. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    @BnK Kath, they actually did bring in massive fans to Bash on our trip 2 weeks ago, and put them by the doors to the lobby bar. Really didn't help much unless you were standing right in front of the fan, though. Stepping inside to the now-dimly-lit lobby bar was a much more effective way to cool down for a bit.

3. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Good luck with your meeting....when I spoke to the G.M. three days on the trot, he's first comment was " Welcome to the Wild, Wild West"...…… really... good job he didn't turn up pre- reno !!! Having previously managed a hotel in Dubai ( have you stayed in a wild hotel in Dubai ??.) I personally don't think he has any idea of the original TTR concept.
    One thing I'd compliment him on is the boys at the water sports on the beach (who rarely get mentioned), fantastic lads , as all the staff are....

4. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    My two cents:
    First and foremost, music volume at bash. Turn it down a little. Maybe 20% lower.
    Secondly, have a pool open at night, maybe upstairs, maybe quiet pool, it doesn’t matter where. Just someplace to cool off after bash. Don’t even need the bar open. All I want is to jump in and cool off before going back to the room.
    Thirdly, I hadn’t thought about it before I read the previous comment on safety, but an effort to make the tile less slick would be awesome.
    And finally if I was making a wish list, I’d drop the water depth in the sexy pool, and heat it in the winter months. The first three are the biggest gripe from us though. Either way thanks for anything that you can do Steve.

5. playafuntrip

playafuntrip Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Steve not sure if you already had your meeting. Our $.02 regarding Bash, we noticed on our last stay that while they were playing English and Spanish music it seemed to be in blocks. Meaning they would play like 10 english songs and then 10 spanish. My wife commented on them needing to mix them in vs. the current setup which seems pretty off putting to most folks.

6. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Huh?
    I cannot hear anyone.

7. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Manuel works at the water sports now! He came up to me 3 weeks ago when we were there, and totally remembered me despite the fact that he had not seen me since 2013. I couldn't believe it. He was a great playmaker back in the day. He always ran the beach volleyball.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Somehow, I don't think that major construction overhauls aren't going to be accomplished by S-Steve's visit. I just can't see it, not with the reno still being in the rear view mirror. Still, the thing about the "fake bottom" of the Sexy Pool intrigues me.

We just got back and the Sexy Pool was hot as balls all trip. I grant you, it's mid-July, but that water temp was MUCH warmer than I've ever felt it before, I mean it was warmer than what I'd call lukewarm. You actually needed to get out of the pool to cool off int he breeze... and the "Party Gravy" was a thick, fun scum covering 3 quarters of the pool to a visible depth by about 2:00 p.m.

I've got no idea if the rumors are actually correct about them being able to either warm, or cool, the Sexy Pool or not, but if so... ask them to start doing that and running an active surface cleaner, that'd be nice.

We only got in the water that one day, our first TTR day, as the water was both miserably warm and actually a bit skeevy.

9. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Major construction or renovation...doubt it too.
    But will they do ANYTHING ???
    Regardless, they can at least put lipstick on the pig!
    Fixing the lobby leaks is something we all agree they should address, just makes sense...to us.

Have not heard the rumors again from last year that there was discussion of selling off to a more family friendly chain and moving out of the hotel zone to avoid the nudity issues.
    And pushing all towards the more expensive Desire or combo concept like PC concept with half TTR and half Desire.
    Also, any new construction in Cancun area.

Had anyone heard of this recently!
    And no intention of starting rumors or creating a shit storm.
    Just curious.

10. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    I like the false bottom idea as well.

I agree that it seems very unlikely they will do any major construction project. The false bottom seems easy in concept, but in looking on line, I couldn't find any examples of it being done before. It's almost as if owners are expected to build their pools to the proper depth the first time... novel concept. I wonder how the depth compares to other resorts in Cancun? Are there any that are that deep?

What really makes me think they won't do it, is they seem to think that replacing wet drywall on the ceiling of the lobby, is the best way to solve their leaky roof problem. If they won't even pony up the money to fix a leaky roof, why expect them to fix other problems.

I would think regulating temperature would be the easiest least expensive creature comfort that they could handle. Add cooler water in the summer, and turn up the heat in the winter, done deal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice