Pop/soda question

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Golden, May 26, 2008.

1. Golden

Golden Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We usually bring our own pop with us when we come to Cancun but are trying to travel light this time. Which types taste similar to the US brands? I have had the Coke Light before and it seems very sweet to me. Does the Cancun Walmart carry any US brands?
    TIA. :D

2. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you or someone in your group likes ice tea in the least bit, may I suggest you try something called Te. (I can't put the enunciation mark over the e) Te by Cristal. OMG that is the BEST ice tea EVER! Also for something different, there is an apple pop in Mexico I like called Manzana Lift.

3. 4NSPY

4NSPY Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Some times the Wal-Mart by Sams Club has imported Diet Caffeine Free Coke. It's the same stuff as you get back home. The other Diet Coke is all local and definitely has a different formula than the US one.

4. stephenj

stephenj Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    havey stuff

gosh, toting around your own soda seems like a heavy idea. I remember several years ago (prior to the limitations by TSS) following a young couple who had a backpack with what was left of a case of beer on them. They said they were not about to leave almost a case of beer in the hotel room, so they brought it back to Atlanta.... just the effort of lugging that weight from the plane through customs and the trams and to the car seems weighty!

Steve

5. mommy2allyandaveri

mommy2allyandaveri Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can someone please explain this to me? I find the Coke Light is very sweet as well and I figured it would taste just like Diet Coke, boy was I wrong. I guess I'll just have to stick with Corona :D

6. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dont know for sure if this is why, but the coke made there is made with real sugar, not high fructose corn syrup. That could be one reason for the taste difference.

Not with the diet though.

Stick with the cerveza and tequila!! :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice