Pool Renovation and Swim-up Bar

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Ivan&Mache, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Ivan&Mache

Ivan&Mache Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 0
    Hello, if you go to Desire Riviera Maya in the September and October 2014 timeframe, can you please let the rest of us know how is the pool renovation going along or if it is completely finished can you tell us if it livens the pool more.

Last year we went to DRM and the pool was almost always empty, no people swimming in it. And the jacuzzi area was overcrowded, maybe the swim-up bar will make the pool more appetising.

2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I'm looking for someone to reply to this thread. We're trying to arrange meeting a pair of friends from New Jersey there next Aug.-Sept. maybe, it'd be nice to know what it might be like, or if we should divert to home (TTR).

3. Sheridan&Ginger

Sheridan&Ginger Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    We were at DRM about six weeks ago. The new pool looks great, as does the new restaurant and bar. The great thing about the swim up bar is the shade it gives so my guess is it will be popular. Having said that, we were there in February and it was just a tad cool and shade was the last thing we wanted so the bar was under used.

4. candjwv

candjwv Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you go to the DRM website, the Virtual Tour seems to reflect the new bar at the pool. At the very least, I can say that it's updated since our stay in May 2014. The bar has moved away from the buffet grill, and towards the pool. It has a roof that appears to cover a few feet of the pool as well.

5. Escalade

Escalade Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its done. And its fantastic. Plenty o shade, not too many seats though. Pool water temp averaged 95 degrees daily when we were there, pool bar starts shutting down round 6 ish, when they start playing that slow crappy music, that's your cue. But they needed that bar, I tell ya.

6. funcouplebz

funcouplebz Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are swingers..Once you go to Desire, you likely will not return to TTR.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice