Pool Concerns

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by lookin4friends, Aug 27, 2021.

1. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    We had a guy try to steal our T shirt's off the back of our sun bed on one visit, I've never left the pool so quick... 20 odd year old caught in a 100 yds, claimed he thought it was promotion material !!.. still very proud of 100 yds in 10 seconds LOL That's the only problem encountered in 8 visits, just be street wise

2. MeanwhileinCanada

MeanwhileinCanada Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    It's Mexico. The beaches are public and Cancun's a very busy place. Combine that with ~800 guests at capacity and there'll almost certainly be one sketchy person at the resort. Whether you encounter them or not is a little planning, and luck.

Think about TTR like your favourite bar: you know the staff, you trust the door guy, you've got friends there, and the servers look out for your group. You still wouldn't leave your wallet visible and unattended.

We've never had a problem with theft. No fancy locking bags, just kept tip money in the hat and only towels on the beds. Everything else stays in the safe, or stays home.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    From my travel experiences it doesn't matter if it's Mexico, Jamaica, the DR, India, Philippines common sense gets you a long way. Much of any theft is drunken mistakes that people are too embarrassed to admit to, most of the rest is crime of opportunity. Both are easily fixed with a bag that is attached to your chair. Most petty theft is what people can see, stuff put away in a bag is at less risk. Don't save a chair by just sitting your bag on it. It's easy to pickup and walk away with it like it belongs to that person. I have a simple messenger bag that I use that I can clip around the chair leg. The guy trying to fly under the radar gets noticed really quick when he drags a chair. I started doing this after I saw it work for someone. I've lost count of the number of expensive phones, piles of tip money, and other valuables I see just sitting out all the time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. JBW

JBW Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 4
  5. lookin4friends

lookin4friends Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0
    Wound up purchasing a similar item on Amazon. Locks to the chair. I try to be a trusting person but better safe than sorry.

6. cnparda

cnparda Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 1
    We had our bag, and shoes deliberately taken from Bash. Went to security in the morning and they watched the video footage and caught the guy. Had lots of items in his room that wasn’t his. Got our bag back, lost some $ and our friends lost a shirt I think but got their shoes back. It happens.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Al_n_Kristie

Al_n_Kristie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +715 / 1
    We have been here the last 7 days.
    No.
    Issues.
    At.
    All.

8. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 1
    We were eating at the buffet once when I noticed a guy sitting at another table with a Sublime T shirt on. I told him I have a shirt just like that one out by the pool. He looked me straight in the eye and said "This is your shirt. I needed one to get into the buffet and didn't bring one down so I borrowed one." I never did get that shirt back. It still makes me laugh when I think about it.

9. Happydays

Happydays Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 0
    I'm almost sure that Stephanie's thong ended up in my pocket one night. I brought it back.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice